iv

Rag'n'Bone Man- Skin

Kaineth:

I stumbled into the doorway of our castle. My throat is on fire. That girl started something inside of me that triggered the hunger. I had never felt a bloodlust in my life. I hadn't yet transitioned into a full-blooded vampire. My father materialized before me baring his fangs. I looked up at him feeling the fear of this taking over.

"Kaineth, your transition was triggered," he said taking hold of my arms as the fire in my throat began to spread over my body.

"It's too soon he isn't due for months," mother looked me over worriedly.

"Jewelry, call the wolves. Tell them we have to postpone our meeting tonight. He will be too unstable for anything with a pulse walking around,"

"Kane, they're is in the west wing," mother whispered before she disappeared.

My father led me up the stairs, towards the hidden rooms where the four who had crossed into the pretty she-wolf's land had been taken. Father had dazzled the local police force to bring in the humans who didn't deserve to be put on trial. It turned out the pups weren't the only orphans they had left behind. They had shot down a shifter a few weeks ago in a different territory.

Before I could protest, my father shoved me into the room they were being held in. I fell to my knees in front of them while the door was shut behind me. I turned to pound on the door. Not wanting to do this.

The humans backed away from me. The red glow in my eye reflected in theirs as I stood up straight. I felt a sharp pain in my gums. The more I acknowledged the aches, the more intense they got. 

I felt them rip through my gums followed by the taste of blood. I smoothed my tongue over the new set of fangs. The relief was almost instant. As the small amount of blood passed through my throat a calm soothing peace swept over me.

"I can hear the ring of your fangs, Kaineth," father called from the other side of the door. "Let them guide you and make you what you are meant to be son,"

It's all too clear. It didn't matter that these were humans before me anymore. I can care less if they were guilty of killing other humans or animals. What mattered is that they have what my fangs need. What I needed to sooth the pain burning in my body. The burn in my throat intensified as they backed away. I meant to take a single step forward but I was standing in front of the first man in that one step. My senses have completely taken over.

I grabbed him, just as I will with the rest of them, and buried my fangs into his neck. The sweet taste of his blood hit my tongue. Peace came over my being as the burning began to fade away feeding my senses and the newly born side of me.

I sat on the floor waiting. I looked around to find that my sight had become clearer, my hearing became sharper. I am now aware of everything inside of the castle. The most endearing part is just how my mind seemed to become clearer and less full. It leaves more space to think of her, her voice, her intoxicating scent, and the beauty in her curious eyes that had almost kept me there wanting to continue to simply look at her. 

"Son?" I looked up to see my father standing over me. 

"Father who is she?" I asked.

"Her name is Marcel Steele. She is the daughter of alphas Martak and Wayne Steele,"

"She triggered this," I said leaning my head back against the wall.

"Surprises often happen even to the eldest of us," was all he said as he walked out.

He left me here to figure out what he meant by that. Why did she trigger something so violent in me? Something so beautiful so, unique shouldn't have ignited something as monstrous as she did. My head began to spin with so many questions. The number question at the top of my list is, when will I get to see her again?