Chapter 12

Ravenpaw sniffs along the border to the two-leg place.

"What are you doing?" Hareburn asks tilting his head. He narrows his eyes and they turn serious.

"Do you scent something?" He asks scenting the air with him. Ravenpaw shakes his head in no.

"Then what's bothering you?" He meows softly. "You've been sniffing around that border for a while now."

"I'm just making sure the border's secure!" He snaps angrily. He jerks away as his mentor tries to put his tail on his shoulder.

"I-I'm just making sure okay. Just get off my tail alright!" Ravenpaw eyes flickers towards the border.

"Making sure it was really your mom?" Hareburn flicks his ear with his tail. "Do you think we would lie to you like that?" Ravenpaw gives a shrug which answers Hareburn's question.

The Warrior sighs "One of these days your gonna have to learn to trust us." With those words he began showing Ravenpaw the territory again.

~~~~~~~~

"Ravenpaw! Come sit by us!" Jaypaw meows across the clearing when Ravenpaw enters Camp.

Ravenpaw purrs at the sight of his sister but scrowls when he sees she's sitting by the other Apprentice's.

"Oh um this is Moonpaw as you know!" Jaypaw chirps. "Moonypaw." Ravenpaw sneers and watches as her fur spikes up angrily.

"And this is Lilypaw." Ravenpaw dips his head at the white and gray she-cat. He had no reason to dislike her.

"Oh and here's Sparrowpaw and Ashpaw!" Jaypaw meows pointing to a she-cat and tom. The tom, Sparrowpaw, looked like Lilypaw except he has golden eyes and a bunch of scars covering his pelt.

Ravenpaw looks over the scars warily. Was Warrior training that hard?

The she-cat, Ashpaw, is a black she-cat with yellow eyes.

"Hey." Ravenpaw meows bad temper like always. "Hey there another tortured soul." Sparrowpaw smiles to take the sting off his words.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Ravenpaw snaps still offended by the scarred cats words.

"Nothing, I just know what my eyes tell me... We're different but same in a way." Sparrowpaw smiles a bitter smile then turns and begins walking away.

"Hey wait up!" Ashpaw meows and races after him.

"Bunch of weird cats you hang out with." Ravenpaw comments wryly.

"Hmh you don't even bother mentioning me dear Jaypaw?" Fallenpaw meows causing her to blush.

"He already knows you mouse-brain!" She purrs eyes gleaming with amusement.

"Anyways...." Ravenpaw meows. "Where's Vinepaw?" He asks looking around camp.

Jaypaw rolls her eyes. "He's out gathering herbs with Blackclaw. He won't take a break."

"I didn't even know he wanted to be a Medicine Cat." Ravenpaw mumbles. He was kinda of hurt that Vinepaw hasn't told him.

"No one did!" Jaypaw purrs nudging her brother. Her eyes soften when she sees the hurt in his eyes. "He just wanted to surprise us is all." She meows gently. "Yeah, whatever. I don't care." He grunts.

His ear pricks up at the sound of hurried paw steps coming towards the camp entrance.

"Maybe that's Vinepaw and Blackclaw." Jaypaw meows hopefully. Ravenpaw as shakes his head eyes narrowed. "Something's wrong." He mumbles so low no one hears him.

Just as those words left his mouth Softfern burst into camp claw marks all over her pelt.

"Fogclan is attacking our borders!"