Chapter 14

Rag leaps towards Ravenpaw and Ravenpaw jolts away frightened. "Awe did I scare the little kit." Rag sneers. "That's okay looks like this one is to frightened to move." Rag looks down at Vinepaw who was crouched shaking on the ground.

Rag's eyes go wide with glee and he claws out at the light gray tom. Ravenpaw hisses as the claws strick him. He has moved just in time to keep Vinepaw from getting hurt.

"Don't touch my brother!" Ravenpaw screeches throwing himself at a startled Rag.

Ravenpaw felt pride flow through him as his claws hit there mark. He was fighting!

Sadly though, Rag quickly recovered. "Oh how sweet. Family love." Ravenpaw felt hot pain flash through him as Rag rakes his claws down his pelt.

A cuff on the head sends Ravenpaw flying and he lands in a heap losing consciousness for a second.

Ravenpaw opens his dark amber eyes and gets shakily to his paws. Rag was getting closer Vinepaw, who hasn't moved a mousetail.

"No!" Ravenpaw croaks. He moves forward unsteadily. He must have hit his head when he landed. "Stop!" He once more threw himself in front of Vinepaw. "You don't know when to give up you nuisance." Rag growls his lips pulling back into a snarl.

Ravenpaw flinches bracing himself for Rag's claws..... But they didn't come.

Instead he heard a thud as of someone had thrown themselves at Rag. "Oh thank Starclan!" Vinepaw whispers and Ravenpaw opens his eyes.

"You know something. I hate bullies who pick on cats who are weaker than them. It's cowardly really." A ripple of gray and white fur flashes in Ravenpaw's vision until he registers that it's Sparrowpaw. A small black shape was daring between Rag's legs confusing him. Ashpaw!

Ravenpaw sighs in relief then stiffens again. "He called me weak. I'm going to kill him." Vinepaw laughs dryly. "Come on let's get out of here." Vinepaw mumbles.

"Don't worry Ravenpaw! We got this!" Sparrowpaw calls over his shoulder as he rakes his claws down Rag's face.

"Let's go." Ravenpaw let Vinepaw nudge him to his paws and swayed when he stood. "Are you okay?" Vinepaw asks with concern.

"Yeah." Ravenpaw said right before his eyes roll back and he collapsed on the ground unconscious.