Chapter 10

"Jaykit, Vinekit, and Ravenkit do you promise to uphold the Warrior code and protect your clan and Clanmates even at the cost of your life?"

Smallstar's voice rings out over all the cats.

"I do!" Jaykit squeaks jumping around in excitement.

"I-I do." Vinekit stammers eyes flickering around the Clan.

Ravenkit narrows his eyes. "I do..." He meows watching his brother and sister.

"Then from this moment, until you receive your Warrior names, your names will be Jaypaw, Vinepaw, and Ravenpaw. Jaypaw your mentor will be Viperstrike. May he pass on his swiftness and quick thinking to you young one."

The newly named Jaypaw races over to a small light gray tom. Her blue eyes meet his green ones. She reaches forwards and torches noses with her mentor.

"Ravenpaw, your mentor shall be Hareburn. Hearburn may you pass along your kindness and generosity."

Ravenpaw narrows his eyes. Was Smallstar trying to tell him something.

Nonetheless he pads forward touching noses with the brown tom.

"Finally last but not least Vinepaw." Smallstar looks at him with kindness in her eyes. "I have talked to Blackclaw and he had agreed to train you in the ways of a Medicine Cat."

A gasp ripples across the Clan.

"Training a kitty-pet to be a Medicine Cat? What is Smallstar thinking."

Ravenpaw turns around snarling looking for the one who said that.

"Want to talk about my brother to my face you coward?" He spat.

He felt a tail laid gently on his shoulder.

"Calm down little Warrior." Hareburn meows softly. "What's done is done. Your brother will become a Medicine Cat and nothing the Clan will say can change that."

Ravenpaw shrugs off his tail. "They better watch there tounges when taking about my siblings." He mumbles.

He glances up to see Vinepaw touch noses with Blackclaw.

"This meeting is over!" Smallstar's call rings out.

"Come on I'll show you the territory." Hareburn meows.