Chapter 3

Stell showed up 10 minutes later to help me pack. I heard Ace talking to someone from the other room then Stell rushed into my room. I was sitting on my bed petting Oscar and she came over and dropped a duffel bag in my lap. Stell smiled at me then silently went over to  my dresser and started packing stuff into it. "Troy grab your favorite books and go eat, i'll pack your bag for you" she said. I smiled, grabbed a few books and went out of my room, bringing Oscar with me.

Ace was at my stove making pancakes when i entered the kitchen. Ace looked at me and frowned, "Troy, the cat can't come with us I'm sorry". I looked down at the kitty contently sitting in my arms and walk back into my room. "Stell? I don't know if I should go with him"

Stell looked up at me and smiled reassuringly. " Come on Troy, he's a good guy, now i understand why your skeptical, random guy shows up and demands you to go away somewhere with him and you agree then realize how stupid it was but really, i know him and i know Nick. Nick is after you and the only way to save you is to go with E-- Ace to Africa. Plus its fun flying in an airplane, its a feeling you will never forget! " I look down and then back at her. "Africa? Airplane? he said London and a train, at least i thought he did."

Stell laughs and shakes her head making her beautiful hair fall over her shoulders. I get embarrassed and go back out for a pancake.Ace smiles at me and says, " One pancake equals one kiss" then laughs and hands me the plate that I take hesitantly. I sit down silently and eat quietly. Ace looks over at me and see's my mood. He walks over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder making me jump but secretly I feel more relaxed when he touches me." Are you okay?"  he asks me but I give no answer, just smile and finish my food then get up to go help Stell. Ace follows me at a distance and I hug Stella. Ace takes my bag and hefts it over his shoulder and walks out. I watch him go, hugging Stell to me, "Will I ever see you again?" i asked her. Stell smiles "Of course" she laughs and kisses my cheek.  I take in my best friends presence and plant a memory of her just in case then hand Oscar to her and sadly walk out of my apartment. i go to the office and tell the person in charge that I'm leaving and Stell is still in my room. I sign out of my apartment for good and take one last look at the life I'm about to leave behind then walk out into the cold cloudy day to a taxi that will take us to the airport.

                        ************************************************************************

    Ace sat next tome during our flight but we didn't speak. When Africa came up under us Ace pointed out the window to where his home is generally located. I look and see a big stretch of jungle/woods with a small white spot in the middle. Ace smiles and puts his arm confidently around me and I stiffen a little. 

The plane sets down a little while later  at an airport way to crowded with people. Ace takes my hand in his and guides me to where he grabs my bag then he calls a taxi and we get a ride ti his home. Ace doesn't let go of my hand the entire time so when he finally does after we pull up to a dirt road, my hand feels tingly and warm.  Ace grabbed my bag to my annoyance and led me to the house in the woods. Ace was talking to me about something but what it was i have no idea, i was more interested in why i felt like i belonged here. With him.  We went and surveyed his property after I unpacked.