Chapter 1

Kehlani P.O.V.
7:30 pm
My name is Kehlani Woods. I have a little boy and a little house on CandyLane street California. In the house it's just my little boy and me. His father never knew about him and will probably not find out. I maintain a stable job at a small hospital where I am a doctor.

My alarm went off 6 am this morning. I got up brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, blow dried my hair, straightened my hair then put my clothes on. While I was looking in the mirror to see if I was missing anything my little 3 year old son Aiden Jacob Grier came running in my room. "Good Morning mommy" he said with a big smile on his face. I was so happy to have him in my life. Since my parents lived so far away and my Bestfriend also lived very far the only person I relied on was the person who relied on me. We had each other backs. "Good morning baby" I told him. He was so cute. As I grabbed my eye liner and mascara to put on he started to tug on my pants and then shakes his head meaning no. I stooped down to his level and told him thank you letting me know I beautiful without it with a big kiss on his cheek. He smiled in return and said " your welcome but mommy can't we get something to eat because I'm starving" rubbing his stomach. I laughed at his gesture and said no problem lets go. I wasn't really into cooking today since my job told me not to come in today.

⏰⏰skip to iHop⏰⏰

While we was waiting for our food to come, I got a call from my job saying that I need to get there immediately. There was some type of emergency patient and no other Doctor could of been reached(well of course I am the best of the best). I tried to explain to them that if there is anyone else but nope it was just my luck, they also told me that I can bring Aiden if I need to. I explained to Aiden and he was actually really excited to see what my job was about so with that we took our food in a to go box and ate it on our way there.

⏰⏰skip to the hospital⏰⏰

As I get to the hospital I walk in and see 8 boys starting at me and one signing papers. I just walked past them with Aiden until one spoke up. The one that spoke looked very familiar. "Kehlani" he said. I'm sorry my name is Dr.Woods to you I fired back. "I'm very sorry Dr.Woods just that you looked so familiar to one of my old bestfriends" he said. That's when it hit me. It was Matthew Espinosa. He was my Bestfriend since we were 5. Hearing him call me old Bestfriend hurt me so much. "Sorry I don't know who you are talking about sir" I said and with that I walked back to my office with Aiden in my hand.