Chapter 22: Help me

Emma's POV
I'd never seen such disappointment like what was on Michael's face when he opened the door but only saw me.

"Please tell me you work at Dominoes and just left the pizza in your car."

"I'm sorry..." I frowned sympathetically. "Better luck next driver?"

"Whatever..." He frowned, stepping out of the way to let me in.

I made my way to the livingroom where they already had a movie playing. Kenzie's favorite, Jurassic Park. Fudge.

Everyone was all comfortable. Kenzie was cuddled up on the big couch and her legs rested on Luke's lap while he scratched them.

Michael walked past me and lazily fell into a recliner where he got all comfortable. I turned my head to the floor and their Calum and my boyfriend were on their stomachs. I like the sound of that!! 'Boyfriend'. He is my boyfriend. I am his girlfriend. We are boyfriend and girlfriend. Anywayssss...

I walked over to them and laid on stomach beside my boyfriend.

Ashton's POV
I smiled when my girlfriend laid on her stomach beside me. I like the sound of that. She's my girlfriend. I'm her boyfriend. We're boyfriend and girlfriend.

Anyways....

I learned something new about her. She's terrified of Jurassic Park.

Every time the t-Rex, tyrannosaurus , or any other Dinosaur roared are something, she would jump and get even more closer to me. So imagine how she reacted when someone got attacked.

She bruised my arm all up and I have scars from her fingernails digging into my arm and hands.

When the movie ended, Kenzie sat up and was now sitting upright next to Luke, letting Calum sit up there too. Michael still claiming the recliner, he just kind of sprawled out on it.

We all had plates of pizza that finally came when we were 20 minutes into the movie.

Me and Ashton still sat on the floor to eat while we all talked.

**********
Both of my parents were working tonight so I was home alone. I took out my key and unlocked the front door to let myself in and locked it behind me.

Walking into the living room, I laid on the couch to watch TV and about an hour later, I heard banging on the front door. I didn't even bother looking through the peephole. I did not think for a second that it was some harmless person here at 11:15 at night.

Making sure whoever it was didn't hear me, I tip-toed into the kitchen to grab a knife in case they were able to get inside. I quickly went up the stairs and into my room where I sat in my closet and closed the door.

Taking out my phone, I called dad.

"Hey sweetie."

"Dad?" I breathed out a sight of relief mixed with fear while my voice shook.

"Emma?" His voice was now full of concern. "What's wrong?"

"I-I think someone's trying to break into the h-house.." I stuttered.

"Where are you now?"