Epilogue pt 1: Fortune

4 Years Later

Emma's POV
I love when Ashton's done with tour. That sounds selfish. Let me rephrase that..I can't find anything else to say!

"Emma why are you just standing there?!" Ashton yelled to me from the water.

I laughed and ran out until the ocean water was up to my knees where he was.

We splashed around and he picked me up and walked into deeper water before dropping me in it.

"Hey!" I yelled while he stood there laughing at me. I held my hand out to him. "Can you at least help me up?"

"Yeah." He smiled and grabbed my hand only to have me pulled him down beside me. We might be twenty-one now but when we're together I feel 12 years younger.

"Are you ready for our picnic?" He grinned at me.

"Yeah."

He held his hand out to me and I slipped mine in it before he pulled me out to a bag that was weighed down by food.

"What's for lunch?" I asked as we sat down.

"Japanese food!" He smiled like a little kid before taking out my food.

After we finished he took out the fortune cookies and it he was really choosy about which ones went to who. There was only two of them.

He handed me mine after a few minutes and I began to open the bag.

When I opened it, it said
Marriage lets you annoy one special person for the rest of your life

I read it aloud and trailed off at the end getting kind of confused and looked up to see Ashton kneeling right beside me.

"Emma Olivia Cooper..." He began nervously. "I know that going on tours and being in the studios can be annoying. But you've been so patient with it and have stood with me since the beginning, cheering me on. And I know that our life won't be simple. It'll be really far from that actually...but I know that as long as I have you with me, it will be okay.." He said. "So..will you marry me?"

I didn't know what to say. I was so happy but also surprised that he would say that. But all I knew was that I loved him.