Chapter Seven

It's been awhile since I updated this story! I had major writer's block, but I got through it!

Sorry if it's a bit too short for your liking, but I hope you enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------Chapter Seven------------------------------------------------------------

Nick was still on the floor sleeping when I got out of the shower. I threw on shorts and a white shirt with an unbuttoned red plaid shirt, it was Saturday so I felt no need to get dressed up. Besides, it felt nice being in a t-shirt for once. I sat down on the floor next to Nick and stared at him. I could definetly see the 'angel' face that the girls at school fell for. Even when he was sleeping, each curl was in it's correct place. I poked Nick, trying to wake him up. The boy didn't budge. Joe walked by my door and raised an eyebrow.

"Um, Sophie? What's Nick doing on your floor?" He asked, leaning on the doorway.

I shrugged, "I woke up and he was there. I can't get him to wake up." I poked Nick again.

Joe chuckled and walked in. He crotched down next to me. "Let a pro take care of this."

He took out his iPhone and selected the 'Bullhorn App'. Since I was close, Joe instructed me to cover my ears. Listening to orders, I covered my ears ans closed my eyes, but then kept one eye open to watch the action. Joe touched a button on the screen, making an annoyingly loud sound come from the phone. Instantly, Nick shot up, kicking the blanket he had off of him. Joe fell over laughing as I covered my mouth to stop my own laugther. Nick squinted his eyes at his brother and I.

"Oh, you two are DEAD."

Joe and I quickly got up from the ground and ran out into the hall. With lighting fast speed, Joe bolted into Frankie's room and locked the door. I ran towards the stairs only to have Nick stop me by wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into him. Nick's plan seemed to not work so well since we both fell. I fell on top of him as we both laughed. That was probably the most fun I had since I left my home. I hoisted myself from his chest and we both smiled at each other for awhile. Then it hit me. I was on top of Nick. Amber's BOYFRIEND. Amber as in the girl who will probably kill me if she catches a glance of me. Quickly, I hoisted myself up and held out a hand for Nick. He happily obliged and soon we were both standing. Holding hands. With speed, he pulled his hand away.

"Uh, that was fun." I smiled trying to make it less awkward.

Nick nodded, "Heh, yeah. Um, I have lunch with Amber today so I should probably get ready.."

Nick basically ran to his room and shut the door. Was it really that uncomfortable for him?

XXX

A little later, Frankie and I were watching T.V. when the doorbell rang. Did Kevin forget his key? I got up from the couch and opened tje door to see...Amber. The blonde's happy demeanor turned into shock when she saw my face.  

"W-What are you doing here?" She stumbled on her words.  

 I was at a lost for words too, then I remembered my story. "I'm a, uh,  family friend of the Jonas'."  

Yeah, that sounded convincing. Behind me, I could hear Nick run downstairs then he stood next to me. An afraid expression took over the smiling face that I had only seen an hour ago. Amber pushed me out of the way.  

"Nick, can we talk?" She turned me, "Alone."  

Before Nick could answer, Amber grabbed his hand and dragged him up the stairs. Joe quickly moved out of their way as Amber sped past him. Once we heard the door shut, Joe looked up.  

"Well, this should be good."  

XXX

Nick P.O.V.  

 Amber closed  the door and locked it. She turned to me, arms angrily crossed across her chest. Oh God, it was the Amber-Angry Face. I always get it when I do something wrong, either about us or HER reputation. I put my hands in my pockets, trying to act cool.  

"So, what's new with you?" I asked casually.  

Amber didn't waste a second, "What is that...that BITCH doing here?! Nicholas, are you cheating on me?!"

  "No! She's a family friend that's staying with us." Or a princess...same thing.  

She rolled her eyes, "Friend? More like a little whore-"Don't call her a whore!"  

Amber stood back, surprised by my outburst. But, it was true! Sophie didn't do a 'whore' thing in her life. She's...perfect. I shrugged of the thoughts, I had more things to say to Amber.

 "And, I think it's pretty hyprocritical on how you think I cheated on you. Remember last year when I caught you with that sub?"  

Amber's eyes went wide, "He needed help, Nick! He was choking on a gum ball!"  

"Oh yeah, you helped him real nice." I sighed, "Look at us...we've been fighting since Winter Break."  

We both weren't happy with our relationship. It was obvious. I sighed.  

 "Amber, I think we need a break."  

She gasped, "You're breaking up with me?" She rolled her eyes, "It's because of HER isn't it?!"  

"No! It's because of YOU. Not Sophie, YOU." I practically yelled.  

Amber didn't say a word. She grabbed her jacket then made her way to my door. Before she left, she grabbed a picture of us. It was from Freshman year, our first Homecoming. She threw it to the ground, glass shattered as the picture fell out of the frame. With that, she shook her head at me then slammed the door behind her.  

XXX

Sophie P.O.V.

  I jumped at the sound of glass shattering from upstairs. What was going on up there? Amber walked downstairs as I got up to go to the kitchen. She stopped and gave me a dirty look that only she could pull off. She got closer to me so we were face-to-face.  

 "Be ready for hell on Monday."  

She swung the door opened and slammed it behind her. Jeez, she sure liked to slam doors.

 I decided to check on Nick, first, I grabbed a Diet Coke from the fridge for him then made my way to his room. I creaked the door open to see him picking up pieces of broken glass and putting them in his trash can. I put the coke on the dresser then made my way towards him, he looked over at me as I started to pick up some little pieces of glass.  

"Be careful." He said cautiously, watching me throw the glass away.

  I nodded, "Nick, I'm sorry."  

 "Don't apologize." Nick said, looking at me, "We were in danger even before you came here."

  I bit my lip and continued to clean up. When we finished, Nick picked up the picture of him and Amber. He looked at it for a while then crumbled it up. He chucked it in the trash, and sighed. He picked himself up ad then helped me up to my feet. Nick and I looked into each other's eyes for a second...  

"Hey, uh, do you want to grab dinner tonight with Frankie and I? I promised him I'll get him pizza tonight then see that new Transformers movie." Nick smiled.

  I smiled a bit too, "Are you sure Frankie won't mind? I'd hate to intrude."  

"Please. Frankie loves you! He'll be thrilled."  

 It would be fun to hang out with Nick a bit more. Plus, Frankie's a cool kid. Why not?

  "Then I'd love to go."