Chapter Thirteen

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXChapter ThirteenXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"....They just took her! Right from the courts!"

Nick held a bag of ice on his head as he countined to recap Sophie's taking to Kevin and Joe. After being forefully thrown to the ground, Nick passed out right on the grass. He awoke in ten minutes time,  no trace of Sophie or Mason left for him to investigate. He watched as his oldest brother paced the room, trying to put everything together. 

"Do you have any idea on what time this happened?" Joe asked, making Kevin stop and look at Nick.

Nick bit his lip. "9:00ish? Gee Joe, it's kind of hard to remember with a concussion."

Joe rolled his eyes as Kevin glanced at the clock, 9:30. There was no way they have made it to Genova yet, they probably haven't even left the country. He ran a hand through his curls.

"Alright, I'm going to call the PPP to tell them that I need a ride up to the HQ. From there, the crew and I will think out a tatic." He alerted his brothers.

Nick sat up on his bed, "I'm going too!"

"No way!" Kevin held up a finger. "You've already had your share of a beating plus, it's dangerous." Before Nick could protest, Kevin continued. "Joe, keep an eye on him."

Joe silently nodded as Kevin left the room to go to his office. Nick sighed, he wanted to save Sophie too. What was he supposed to do now? Just sit here and worry like an abandoned puppy? Nick looked over at Joe who was peeking out the doorway.

".....What are you doing?" Nick asked vacantly.

Joe was silent until he closed the door. He then spoke up. "Okay, here's the deal. Once Kevin's ride arrives, we both stow away in the back. Kev won't find us until it's too late." He smirked.

 "But...what about what he said?" Nick knew Kevin would kill him when he finds out.

Joe gave him a look, "When have I ever obeyed Kevin? I want to save Sophie too, you know."

Nick just smiled at his brother. Were they really going to do this? He had to, for Sophie. Kevin came back into the room and told the boys how a van would be here to pick him up in fifteen minutes. Nick just nodded and decided to 'go to bed', even though Joe and Nick knew he would really be changing out of his tux. Joe followed Kevin downstairs and watched as his brother ran around the living room 

"I don't know how long I'll be gone. Frankie's at a sleepover and needs to be picked up by noon tomorrow. There's some leftovers in the fridge and money in my drawer for food." Kevin said, pocketing his phone and PPP Communicator.

Joe leaned on the kitchen counter, "Kev, I know the drill. Just go save Sophie."

Kevin smiled and hugged his brother, "You and Nick are such troopers....thank you."

After the embrace, a car horn sounded from outside the door. Kevin grabbed his house keys and said a final goodbye as he left the house. Once the door closed, Joe sprang into action.

"Nick! Let's go!" He ran towards the window, watching as Kevin and the driver shook hands.

Almost tripped down the stairs, Nick ran as fast as he could. He traded his tux for black jeans and a black shirt, a combination Kevin used to wear whenver he got called in as a trainee. Kevin and the Driver walked in front of the van, Kevin explaining...something to him.

As they talked, Joe silently opened the front and sprinted to the back of the van. Nick followed suit, pressing his back againtist the back of the van next to Joe. The oldest quickly opened the door van doors and hopped in, squeezing between two metal boxes. Nick, on the other hand, waiting for Kevin and the man to close the door. Once they did, he closed the van doors at the same time so they were in sync.