Untitled Part 15

*Emma's P.O.V*

It's July 9th and it was scorching hot. I'd rather go naked right now and lay in a bucket of ice for the rest of my days. I had on a tank top and high wasted shorts with sandals. I sat at my vanity while Little Bitty Pretty One bopped on the radio while I got ready. I didn't bother with any make up today It would all come off when I sweated. I put my hair in a high ponytail with curls and a red bandana around it. "Jane?" I yelled outside my door. "What?" She said opening her door a crack poking her head out as I did "do you have my sunglasses?" I asked "which ones?" She said sarcastically. "My only sunglasses, wise ass." I rolled my eyes, "yeah, One sec," she said closing her door. She came out with my red sunglasses in her hand. I snatched them from her hand closing my door "don't give your heart to anyone but don't forget who's taking you and in his  arms you're gonna be so darling save the last dance for me" I dance around putting my sunglasses on and walking out the door. I walked down the stairs to the kitchen. I see Gordie sitting at the table "good morning gordo!" I say getting a cup for some OJ. "So, Emma how did eyeball ask you out!? Because I wanna ask out Lexi but I don't wanna be weird about it" I nearly spit out my orange juice. "You're gonna ask out Lexi?" I smiled sitting down, my thighs getting Stuck to the chair. "I mean, I don't know." He shrugged looking kinda embarrassed. "You should!" I laughed, "she's a very nice girl! If you don't ask her; I'm gonna tell her you love her!" I joked, "you wouldn't?" He gave me angry eyes. "Don't pussy out!" I warned, "I'll be waiting to hear from her on how you asked her out, today!" I said getting up and making my way to the stairs. I ran up to my room and reached my bed. I went to my side table and grabbed my book. I had been writing in it for awhile to when I heard a knock at my window and it was..ace? What the hell? "Here to punch me in the face, again?" I joked, "Very funny, wise ass!" He smarted off "anyways I need a favor." "Um okay? What?" I questioned and let him in. "I have this girl I like, right? Anyways she's not someone I would usually pick up, ya know? But she's real cool and I think I might be in love with her." He said putting his hands on the back of his head. "What? How come you've never told any of us about her?" I questioned. "Because, she's not like us.." He mumbled, "listen, I'm sure she's fine; why don't you invite her to the party on Friday!? I know everybody always has fun at those." I suggested, lighting a cigarette and grabbing my shoes. "That's a good idea, actually." He said as we walked down the stairs. "Sounds good! Now if you'll get outta my hair, I have a beauty store to get to." I opened the door and we both walked out going our separate ways. I ran into the store and went to find some new hairspray and pins. I kept looking around and to my surprise I seen my boyfriend buying hair grease. I snuck up behind him and wrapped my arms around his body. "I see my boy is getting his supplies?" I said as he turned around and gave me a kiss. "Only for you,doll, and my rep." He smiled as we walked. "So, Ace didn't want me telling anybody but he has a girl he wants us to meet. So, he's brining her to the party  on Friday." "Huh, I never thought that maniac would find a girl he'd keep." We went up to the register and paid for everything and walked out back to my house.

Stepping in, I seen my mom and dad at the table eating eggs. I avoided the situation and went to the basement to work on my latest shennanigan. I turned up the radio and started forming my own mini beauty parlor. Considering people have said they love the way I do my hair and would love me to do theirs, I could just open my own little area. I used my dads extra tiles he didn't use to redo the bathroom for the flooring, I had eyeball put them all in place last week. I took my vanity from when I was ten and set it in the middle of my tiled off corner and brought down the curlers,pins, dyes, and gloves that I bought from the beauty store. I have been saving my money to buy a curling iron and straightener. I set those up on the vanity. I turned off the lights and headed upstairs for a glass of lemonade. My parents were still sitting at table when I walked in.
"Hi" I smiled and my mother smiled back. "What are you doing?" She asked.
"You really wanna know?" I couldn't believe it, she actually was talking to me.
"Yeah I wanna know."
"I made my own parlor downstairs. Wanna get your hair done?" I smiled and she nodded yes. I got my lemonade and we walked downstairs.
"It looks very nice!"
"Thank you! Okay, sit down in the magic chair!" I chuckled. I gave her a nice new color shade of brown. I curled it intensely like how she used to have it done by the ladies at the salon. When I was younger I used to go in with her every three weeks and she'd get her hair colored and dyed and I was able to watch and get light curls. It was a great tradition between my mother and I. I finished her hair and she looked dashing. She looked so young and vibrant again. After Denny's death she stopped caring and before I did it, Her hair was greying and a very faded yellow. While I did her hair, we were able to talk about life. I talked about eyeball and how I was doing and she explained how she is doing better since last summer and I told her about how I'm so glad we were doing this and she agreed. She thanked me and went upstairs to show my dad. We walked up the stairs and she was so confident when she walked into that kitchen, I sort of envied it. He looked up from his paper and took of his glasses. He gave her a long look and smiled. "You look beautiful." She began to tear up and he got up and hugged her. He looked back at me and I smiled. "Clearly, you guys want some alone time so I'll be out." I smiled and left out the door. I walked down to eyeballs house and seen him sitting on the porch. "Hey honey!?" I ran up there and to his arms! "Guess what!?" I smiled really wide. "What?"
"I did my mothers hair."
"And?"
"And I talked to her and told her about you and everything! Everything that has happened and I showed my dad and now I think they're gettin in on, not sure. Oh I never thought this would happen." I stopped talking and leaned in giving him the longest,sweetest kiss I think I could ever give him. I smiled and left him sitting there flustered. "Hey? You can't just leave me after doing that!" He shouted to me who was already walking away. I turned around and saw him walking into the house smiling and scratching his neck.