2 - First Day at Work

This is dedicated to KaraRobinson for the amazing book cover! :) Thanks for making me a book cover! :D

~*~

I stop in front of a shop that resembles a restaurant than a café but none a less it was beautiful and suit the café’s name.

Royal Luxury Café.

I smile as I look at the fancy font they used to write the shop’s name with metallic colour and the gold crown logo sitting on top of the word ‘Luxury’.

The café practically have no walls since all I can see is a floor to ceiling windows revealing the fancy decorate of the shop inside and how pack the café was.

Nervousness soon start to settle in as I took a deep breath and made my way inside. Just as I open the door a bell rang, like one of those old fashion bell. I look up and frown at it before looking at a woman making her way towards me.

“Good morning, table for one?” She greeted. She was wearing white three-fourth sleeves, with a black neck tie, a black trouser, a black shiny shoe and a black apron with the gold crown logo in the middle that was neatly wrap around her waist and a very friendly smile I ever seen.

“I’m acutally here for the job trial.” I said. The girl looked thoughtful for a moment before it changed into recognition.

“Ah! You must be Jillian.” I nod my head while she grins at me. “Well, I’m teaching you today but first” she look at me up and down before grabbing my wrist and pulling me inside and past the door with a sign said ‘Staff Only’. “Here, you need to change your clothes and don’t worry they’re clean.” She pointed to a door with a girl’s silhouette.

I nod my head and do what I was told. Quickly I changed my casual clothes to the uniform she had handed to me.

The shirt was slightly big for me but that didn’t bother me but the trouser did. Pulling my belt from my jeans I quickly snake it around the trouser and secure it tight. I sigh in relief as I had wore my black converse instead of my light blue one.

I came out of the bathroom getting the woman’s attention as she looks at me smiling. “That would do for now.” She said before rampage through what I presume is her locker before taking out an apron and a tie.

“The manager would be here around ten and then she’s going to observed how you interact with the customer. I’ll teach you the basic like how to greet and take the customer’s order and how to use the machines.” I nod my head, surprising myself for actually paying attention for once. “Oh, by the way, I’m Lassie.” (A/N: pronounce as La-c, as in the note 'la' and how you read the letter 'c')

I shake Lassie’s extended hand with a smile. “Call me Jill.” I said before we made our way back out to the café.

I looked around and wonder how a place like this would be pack at half pass seven in the morning. I followed Lassie like a lost puppy, observing her every move and how she communicates to the customers.

“You been watching me for few hours now, I think it’s alright for you to try it.” I look at her in panic.

I worked before but only to do cleaning, babysitting or walking the dogs and truth to be told. This was my first actual job that doesn’t involve something disgusting.

Lassie laughs at me before shaking her head side to side. “You don’t need to worry. I’ll be here beside you.” I nod my head and the bell on the door rang. My eyes went wide and my heart beat accelerate.

However, Lassie found it funny as she giggle at me before nodding towards the door.

A man in a suit came in looking so handsome that I swear I just drool on the spot. I look back to Lassie but she only pushes me towards the man.