20 - You Got Me Falling

Chapter 20 ~ You Got Me Falling

~*~

“Oh my god! I want to ride that!” Jackie said excitedly as he slaps Polly’s shoulder and point at the roller coaster.

I giggle while Polly struggle to get away from Jackie. “Are you scared of heights?” Jason whispers as he leans in while I heard Will grunts and mumbles to him self.

I shake my head and smile making look uncomfortable as he looks away scratching the back of his neck.

This repeats it’s self. Jackie would see a ride he wants to get on and get all excited while slacking Polly a little too hard and she resulting into a fit of complains while Jason and I watch them amuse and tag along.

“I’m tired.” I said as I yawn. Polly and Jackie turn around looking at me like I was a lost child. “What? It’s not my fault I’m tired. We’ve been here since nine in the morning and it’s…” I trail off looking at my wrist watch. “It’s six o’clock.”

“It’s seven already.” Polly said checking her own wrist watch before look at Jackie. “I need to do my homework.”

Jackie looks at her with a raise eyebrow. “Since when did you procrastinate?” Jackie tease.

“Since when did you learn to use big words?” Polly teases back.

Jackie stuck his tongue out making Polly giggles. “Well we should get going if we don’t want to be late for dinner.”

We nod in agreement and made our way back to the car park. “Ride with Jackie!” Will says as soon as the car park was in sight.

I roll my eyes but happily obliged. I fish my phone out making sure Jason doesn’t see it and text Jackie. Second later after I press send Jackie’s phone rang and quickly read my message.

I can mentally picture him rolling his eyes even though all I can see was his back. He turns around and faces Jason. “Jill would be riding with me this time and Polly will be riding with you.”

Polly gave Jackie a confuse look and Jackie reply with a slight nod my way away from Jason’s view. Polly followed the nod and look at me. I gave her a pleading look and she smile knowingly. Jason didn’t say anything though, he just nod and smile.

Jackie and I gave Polly one last hug and a wave to Jason before getting in the car. “What happen?” Jackie asks as soon as we close the door.

I sigh. “I kind of rejected him.” I said quietly but I knew he heard me because he gone quiet.

He starts the ignition and after a few minutes of silence he answered back. “Why? I thought you two like each other.”

“Well…” I look at Will seating at the backseat with an amusement written all over his face but to Jackie I would probably look like I was look at the car behind us which belongs to Jason. “I like someone else.” I said feeling embarrass.

“What?” Jackie said with excitement. “Who?”

I blush. “Who is this guy that you like?” Will says at the backseat.

I mentally imagine him with those smirks he’s been giving quite a lot recently. “His name is Will.” I answered truthfully. I knew he was enjoying my embarrassment as he chuckles.

“Well, this ‘Will’ guy must be charming, if he got you falling for him.” Jackie said with a smile.

I huff and cross my arm on my chest. “He’s annoying, likes to embarrass me and he keeps me hanging. You know he keeps answering my question incomplete making me wonders all through the night. Oh did I mention his annoying?”

“Hey.” Will said at the back but I ignored him while Jackie chuckles.

“There are also times when he would just leave like that.” I snap my fingers together. “Without even saying ‘bye’ or ‘see ya later’ but…”

“But what?” Jackie said giving me a glance before focusing on the road again.

“He’s really sweet, good looking, really fit as in hot with capital ‘H’, nice, funny and he’s always there when I need him.” I continue dreamingly until my face start to blush as Will chuckles.

“I didn’t know that’s what you think about me.” He continues to chuckles and I can feel him staring at the back of my head.

“Aw. So when will I meet this Will guy?”

My head snap to Jackie catching Will at the corner of my eyes looking at him as well. The blood in my head drained down as his question sunk in. What do I do now?

Will must have realise what I was thinking because what he said next took me by surprise. “Tell him the truth about me.”

“He…” I bite my lower lip and took a deep breath. “He died in an accident not too long ago.” I said in a very low voice that I wasn’t even sure he heard me. I sunk down on my seat feeling the excitement and adrenaline fades away.

“Oh.” Jackie said quietly. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” He said quietly.

“It wasn’t your fault.” I took a deep breath trying to stop the tears. “I really don’t want to talk about it, anymore.” Jackie just nod and the rest of the way we stayed quiet.

Reality soon starts to sink in. Will is dead and I’m still alive. The living and the dead can never be together until the living die. Soon, he’ll find peace leaving me alone.

“JJ, I’m sorry.” Will said quietly making me feel like my heart was breaking into a million pieces.

I love him too much and I don’t think I can let him go or can I?