2. Thea Ramos

Johan was having a rough flight.

The flight attendant had trouble understanding what he said , because of his slight Irish accent. On top of that his flight was delayed for almost an hour, not the start he hoped for. When he reached Los Vegas, he couldn't find Thea for over half an hour, and ended up bumping into her at a coffee shop.

Thea wore jeans and a white shirt. It was pretty clear, that she wasn't a huge fan of dressing up. To Johan she was another average American woman, blue eyes, blonde hair and bubble gum in her mouth.

Thea had a lot on her plate. She contacted Liam Kendrick, every time she thought she found a hole in society. Thea resented the government, she always did. She hated how it seemed to give everyone a share of power, while it just made everyone a fool.

After graduating, she knew the only place where she could fight against the government and be noticed was within the media, so she joined a small time newspaper company in Los Angeles and has been been digging for a story ever since. She came close numerous times but never seemed to find the last piece of her puzzle. Even through all this, she was able to get up everyday and prepare herself for the draining battle against life.

Thea knew Liam Kendrick because he was her father's college friend.

Her father, who is a retired lawyer living in Florida, only seemed to care about one thing, that was Thea's marriage. He persuaded her multiple times to get married but Thea was as constant as the northern star. She wouldn't not marry until she found the right person, and if she didn't find him soon enough, she would never marry.

Thea wanted a man who could envy her need to go out and understand the world, someone who shared her views about the government and most importantly someone who can help her gain influence over people. The only thing constant in Thea's life right now was her immeasurable hate for the government.

Once she unearthed this story she immediately called Mr.Kendrick and informed him about it. Mr.Kendrick seemed to understand, the threats to Thea's life, for bringing up such a controversy. After all it was aimed at the very roots of the government.

He immediately put Johan together with Thea, in the hope of protecting her. You see, Thea was the closest thing Mr.Kendrick had to a daughter, as he didn't have any children of his own, he wasn't even married.

The reason he choose Johan for the job was, because he was young, audacious and had a lust for information.
All these attributes made Johan, Thea's perfect partner.

-Varun Masapeta