9. Conflict **

Two stars indicates a change in location and narrative.

**JUST IN CASE YOU FORGOT WHO LIAM KENDRICK IS, ITS JOHANS BOSS.

Vote, comment and share!

"Are you crazy Liam? This is not the first time you acted without talking to the boss. Why would you provide the girl with that file?"

Liam Kendrick looked up from his book and replied, "Calm down Sammy, I only wanted to see how far someone could get if they have possession of our documents. Once it gets out of hand you know we can just end it right? So, why are you acting so uptight?"

Sammy sighed and replied, "Well, you always know what you're doing, but if this gets out of hand, then you'll be telling the boss, not me. If it ends up like last time and we have to start killing people again, the boss won't like it."

"Killing is nothing new to us Sammy, stop acting like a little kid and let me read." Was what Sammy got in reply.

It had been two weeks, since Liam Kendrick gave Thea the file about MK-ULTRA. They already had to kill a man and his partner was always complaining. When the fiasco about MK-ULTRA first broke out, it was crazy, rumour had it that someone had been tracking their agency, which was weird because they were the ones tracking everyone.

Liam had just graduated from law school at the time and he knew nothing about The Faceless. It was only after 10 years of intense searching and scraping, he found out about them. After finding them, he had to convince them not kill him and let him join them.

Now, he wasn't just one of them, he was one of the senior most. That's where five years of dirt work got him.
Why did Liam Kendrick want to become one of The Faceless? Well he had a lust, more like a passion for power, and the burning in his chest got him to join The Faceless, but things had changed.

Now, he had Thea.

She was like the daughter he could never have. He had known her ever since she was born. He was like a second father to her. After seeing her grow up, she had become a part of him, a part too big to ignore.

Now, he only wanted to see her happy and he knew what she wanted. She wanted a fair world and that wasn't possible with The Faceless.

He had decided, whether he would die in the process or not, that he would help her achieve this.