10. New Roads **

**

Thea could still see Sam's body sprawled against the bathroom floor, she could still hear his drunk laughter at her empty threats and the image of his smiling eyes was still burned into her head.

All she could think about was Sam. Johan wouldn't speak to her, he just sat in a corner and stared into empty space.

Things had to change, or Thea could forget about MK-ULTRA and live with that for the rest of her life.

She finally summoned enough will power to get up, and went straight to the computer and opened the file on MK-ULTRA containing the list of possible candidates for questioning.

There was a fire burning in her heart, she didn't know where it came from, but it made her realise she couldn't sit around anymore. She looked at the five names, Julia Rogers, James Smith, Roger Harlinko, Sally Barnes and Jay Adams.

The closest member was Jay Adams and he lived a hundred miles away, in San Diego. According to his profile, he should be around 30 years old. Thea stared blankly at the screen and thought, "Is all of this really worth it? Innocent people are dying, because they are trying to help me."

Johan glanced at Thea. She seemed lost in thought. He walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder, she didn't seem to notice.

He looked at the file and muttered, "We have to get them back for what they did to Sam. Are you with me or not?"

Thea looked up at him almost as if he were a ghost. She studied his defiant expression and even she couldn't believe the words that came out of her mouth next.

"Let's get those bastards and put them away for good."