Chapter 22

When she woke up, she could still feel him pressed up against him. Kaneki's touch lingered upon her skin, making her think that he was still there. (y/n) sighed. Getting up from the bed, she went to their dresser and pulled out her clothes. She went to the bathroom and took a shower. She was trying to wipe his lingering presence off of her body, but it seemed to refuse. Feeling tears well up, she washed her hair and exited. She dried herself down and put her clothes on. Entering the living room, she felt an empty feeling within the house. No one was home. No one at all. Sweet little Hinami wasn't running around, chasing Banjou with a fake spider. Banjou's three friends laughing at the sight. Tsukiyama talking to Kaneki about moving in. Kaneki embracing (y/n) with a hug. A sweet, loving hug that she wants so desperately.

She went to work, putting on her cheerful and cute expression. Serving the costumers wasn't so bad. It kept her mind off of everything that had happened. Though, the news didn't make anything better. It said that the CCG had attacked Anteiku, which was ran by ghouls. Now she understood why he had to leave. Why he broke up with her. He wanted to save everyone. After work was over, she dragged her feet back home and plopped herself onto the couch, crying. She wanted everyone back. Heck, even Tsukiyama! (y/n) just wanted everyone to come back. It wasn't fair. They all left her. (best friend's name) hadn't called, texted, or visited her for the past year! She wanted everything to be normal again. 

No body even came back. To greet her. To check up on her. Nothing. Sighing, she hugged a couch pillow and sobbed into it. She wanted her friends to come back. (y/n) wanted to hang out with them again. Just like old times. But, sadly, fate wasn't too kind. Her friends were never coming back and she had to accept that. Slowly, she drifted off to sleep, dreaming about how things use to be.

By the next three weeks, she was at the toilet, puking out her breakfast. The next day, she was holding a pregnancy test, tears streaming down her face. (y/n) was going to have a child. Smiling and laughing in joy, she wiped her tears away. Kaneki was right. She wasn't going to be alone. She was going to have his children. Sighing, she set the test down and sat down on the couch, rubbing her belly. It wasn't big, but she wanted to rub her stomach. Her child was inside of her and she was going to be carrying them for the next eight to nine months. A huge smile appeared on her face and she sighs, looking up at the ceiling. A child of her own. She had always wanted this. Of course, she wanted to be with her lover, but that wasn't going to be happen.

But that didn't matter at the moment. She was going to raise a child. A child on her own. (y/n) was prepared for this. Of course, she didn't have what she needed yet, but she knows how to handle a baby. At the orphanage, she had to help with taking care of the babies and she was a natural. Mother material from the start. She wondered what her child would look like. If a girl, she hoped that she looked like her, with her father's personality. If a boy, she wanted him to look like his father, but a little bit of her, with her personality. But of course, they can have their own personality. Though she really wanted to have a child that would deal with her watching seasons of the same show over and over while eating her favorite snacks and ice cream.

Chuckling, she now wanted some ice cream. Some moist, creamy deliciousness. Shaking her head, she busted out laughing. She didn't even have any ice cream and it made her laugh. She then laughed again and rubbed her belly.

"Oh sweetheart, I'm sorry if mommy had been a little sad these past three weeks. I just wanted everybody back. But don't worry, mommy is going to take good care of you. Though daddy won't be here, but don't worry, he will be in our hearts. He always will be."

(y/n) was going to be a good and strong mother for her child.