Nightmares

Ally

Stevie said she wanted to think about the job offer and everything else before making a final decision and I respected that. I felt so confused about everything that happened, I barely ate for two days straight.

I spent both days at the studio working on my music. I was working on an happy and inspiring song but I couldn't think about anything but Stevie and the possibility of her leaving. Soon I gave up and decided to write a new song about distance and love, it somehow made me feel better to be able to express my feelings. I called the song ''Next to you''. I stayed at the studio until really late finishing and perfecting the song.

When I got home it was already 3am and the lights were off, so I assumed Stevie was already sleeping. I tried to be as quiet as possible not to wake her up. When I got into bed I heard something, I turned around to face her but she seemed to be asleep. However, when I looked close I saw a tear running down her face and she didn't looked relaxed as she used to when she sleeps. I cleaned her tear and kissed her forehead.

''Stevie'' I whispered. ''Are you ok?''

She suddenly opened her eyes, looked at me for a second and the started crying.

''What happened, pretty?'' I hugged her and she hid her face on my neck.

''I...you...I don't...you can't...'' She was trying to speak and breathe at the same time and it wasn't working. ''We can't be apart'' she managed to say.

''I am here, don't cry, babe. I am here'' I wanted to tell her that we would never be apart but I couldn't promise that.

We stayed there in each others harms, as close as possible, as if both of us knew we didn't have much time together.

''I want to see you smile, I want to see you happy. I should be making you happy but lately I've not been accomplishing that. I'm sorry. I love you so much Stevie''

''I love you'' She pulled away and looked me right in the eyes. ''I had a dream. In my dream I went to New York and, when I called you, another girl picked up the phone. I know this is selfish but I don't want you to have another girl. I want to be your one and only girl, forever''

I scooped her face with my hands and kissed her. ''If that's what you want, we'll make it work, because I want the absolute same.'' I kissed her again, and again, and again.

''I'm gonna call the agency and tell them I don't want the job''.

''It's really late, Stevie. We should go to sleep and talk about this tomorrow, together.''

''I don't want to sleep, I'll have bad dreams again'' She looked down and seemed even more sad.

''You are not.'' I said, making her look at me. ''I'm gonna be here the whole time to scare all of your fears away. I promise.''

''Really?''

''You know what, I have a surprise for you.'' Her face lit up a little bit and that made really happy. I picked up my phone and looked for the song I had just recorded at the studio. ''I made this song thinking about you'' I put the song playing and we cuddled up with each other while listening to it.

''I love it'' She said when the song was over. ''I really, really love that song.''

''I don't know what's gonna happen tomorrow, let alone next month, but I do know that I love you and what we have now is real, and no one will ever be able to take that away from us''

...

Thank you so much for reading, I've been really enjoying to write this and I am only able to do it because so many of you are reading it. So thank you :)

Please comment and vote and as usual follow me on instagram (kat.purplack) and tumblr (itsatrapdontgrowup).

Kat