A Love That's So Demanding (68,69)

Chapter 68

(Pete's POV)

I took off my shirt, stripped down to my boxers and crawled into bed next to Janay. I didn't know how to handle this. Rick was dangerous, he had hurt Non and she's never even met him. Frank was pissed, he told all of us that if Rick showed up here or anywhere near Non, Rachael, or Janay. We were to cause as much pain as possible of course none of the girls were around. They would have told us that we were being over protective and that we really only had to worry about Janay.

I don't think that's true though, I think Rick is going to keep pushing 'till someone bigger pushes back. I'm that someone bigger.

*************************************************************

I climbed out of bed carefully so I wouldn't wake up Janay, then I went into the bathroom and quickly brushed my teeth. I had a plan, I'm going to go out this morning and get everyone starbucks. Janay, loves starbucks and I'll get her some flowers too. I think I've been a little too hard on her. I don't know what its like to be controlled by an abusive spouse. She's trying to deal the best way she knows how: to control everyone around her.

I got dressed quietly and went down stairs. I made my way to the front door and realized that I didn't know where Starbucks was. I heard someone moving around in the kitchen. As I opened the kitchen's swinging door I saw Non making coffee. "Good morning." I said.

"Shuu, I'm trying not to wake up Frank. I gotta get to the office and fill out some paper work. Miss Linda got me my old job back she called me last night." She said.

"That's great, but aren't you not supposed to go anywhere by yourself?" she got this guilty look on her face.

"I was just going to go to work. Rick doesn't seem like the early rise type, I was going to call and tell him when I got off work to come and get Me." she had this all planned out.

"You know Frank is not going to go for that." I said with a laugh.

"Yeah well he wasn't going to have a choice. Why are you up?"

"I was going to go get everyone starbucks and Janay some flowers. Only I don't know my way around here."

"Oh see this works perfectly, you can take me to work and then on the way back you can get the coffee and flowers. Come on I don't want to be late my first day back." She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the front door. "This is where Frank, Travis and I used to live." She said pointing to an apartment building. "It was our first apartment. We got it fresh out of high school after Frank's mother found out about me sneaking in and out of his room at night." She laughed.

"After your mom kicked you out?"

"Yeah, it took all three of us to get jobs to pay for it. Then I got this job and was able to pay the rent and stuff. They were able to become the rock stars I knew they could be."

"Your talking about Travis like he didn't try to rape you a month ago." I said with surprise.

"I bought all that stuff on myself. Well, a lot of it. If I had been honest with them both none of that would have happened." The bus pulled up and we both got on. It wasn't too crowded, but sitting in a seat close to the back of the bus was Rick. Suddenly Non went silent, we sat down in the front of the bus. As far away from him as we could.

"This is why your not allowed to go anywhere by your self," I said, she gave a small smile. She knew I was going to tell Frank about this when I got back, I could only imagine what would have happened if she were by herself.

"What? You guys aren't going to speak, and we had such a good time at lunch yesterday," I saw Non roll her eyes. It was clear her plan was to ignore him. "Oh and today you have your midget body guard." He was trying to get to me now. "So have the hickeys I left on Janay's neck cleared up yet. I remember how she used to scream my name when I did that in bed..." that was it. I stood up and got in his face, Non stood up and got between us.