5~ Beginnings to Monsterhood

I ran through the meadows holding the pinky finger of my Aiyye hand's. The sun was right above us, making the blue skies even more clearer. I noticed the rainbow and left her hand to chase it. I heard Aiyye calling my name and I turned to answer her back. But there was mist growing around her. A distant fog that rose from the horizon. Like a rolling cloud that took in everything.
I felt my throat begin to close and my eyes well up with tears because I knew she'll go soon. I wished to enter that mist but she shook her head cause we both knew it was impossible. I watched her with a breaking heart as she slowly vanished. And soon was her sight no more in front of me , I realized I am alone yet again. I cried and cried my heart out like each time. But I knew she wouldn't return. I looked up at the sky, they were darker again and soon the water covered my entire length.

I opened my eyes as I felt water on my face. I sat up immediately and tried to understand the current scenario. I found myself on the floor and soon everything was coming back to me. I heard someone clink a spoon against the glass. I looked up in that direction.

He stood there with his devilish smile in front of me. And soon I realised where that water had come all of a sudden on my face.

I rubbed the water from my face and heard him speak...

"Wake up!! " he literally screamed.

"What's your problem!! " I asked standing up slowly.

"If you don't see... Its six thirty and I need to go to the office.... "

"Haan so... Who has stopped you... Go na"

Go and get lost on that note. Early morning and the monster has already started showing his attitude.

"Oh hello.... Ms.... Oops sorry Mrs Malhotra...... I need the breakfast!! " he said stepping closer to me.

"So ask your maids to make ...... "I said taking a step back.

" Actually... I fired them all... After all I have full time maid service now.... " he said pointing at me.

He was getting on my nerves now! How much would I do??! Office..... house and then handle this monster!!

"So I want my breakfast by 7..." He said pointing at the clock.

"And make...... Something non veg!! "

I looked away. But I knew I had to make it. I walked towards the door and went down the stairs and finally reached the kitchen.

"Aiyye appa.... I barely know non veg stuff..... What do I make now!!. "

I looked inside the huge refrigerator standing at one corner of the kitchen. There was bread, butter , chicken and all sorts of stuff. It seemed as if I was standing in front of a super market. There was so much!

Anyways, I finally spotted the egg and decided making French toast.

" Finally..... "

I plated the food nicely and kept it on the dining table.

I looked back at the clock. It was 7 exactly.

"Nandini get ready... You have office too!! "

I swiped the sweat from the face and my eyes caught his sight. He came down the stairs wearing his regular attire~ jeans, top and blazer.

"Ahhh....... Timing huh..... Good good..... " he said and made his way to the table.

I waited for him to sit down and eat, soon did I realize all that work I did was a waste.

"You really do take me too seriously... Don't you!! " he said laughing.

He picked up the plate and threw the food in the dustbin. I stood there watching all that he did. I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Tumhe sach mein lagga.... Ki I am gonna eat the food made with your hands!!..... Like really" he said laughing even more.

I wanted to punch him right at that moment but somehow I did stop myself.

"Let me make one thing clear... " he said stepping closer to me.

I felt his hand grip my arm and pull me closer. I tried to free my self but no!

"Nandini...don't cross my way.. I seriously don't care about your life... Make friends, party, get drunk. Or even make boyfriends.. Do anything... But if you even try once to interfere in my life, it will cost you a lot and I swear Nandini ..... I'll create bigger troubles...you are already in mess and you seriously don't want me to drag you into bigger ones.... and you know I can do it!!"

He finally left my arm. It was red. I rubbed my fingers on the red part and I saw him walk out of the house.

"Mujhe koi interest hai bhi nahi... In your life!! " I said myself.

I waited for the door shut before I took in a deep breath and went upstairs.

"Get used to this.. NANDINI....... Beginnings to Monsterhood"

Do drop in your comments
Vote if you liked
Adiós 😁😘