18~ I trust you.

I made Nandini wait outside and peeked inside the building, rather the reception area. Thankfully there were no individuals then.

"Nandini come.... " I signalled her and soon me and her we both got back to the room.

I sighed in relief thanking god that no one saw Nandini in this state.

I saw her sit on the bed....

"Manik! " she shouted.

I ran to her and put my hand on her mouth... "Chillao maat!! "

She removed my hand from over her mouth and stood up, facing me.

"Manik...... " she whispered.

I raised by eyebrows asking her to continue.

"Main tumhe achi nahi laagti kya?!..... "

"What?!.... "

She moved a bit away from me and spoke.

"Mujhe dekho.... Mere do haath hai... Do legs hai.... Do aankhe hai...... Toh phir tum mujhe pasand kuyn nahi karte.... Aur Toh aur..... Mein tumhari uss ..... Alya se bhi smart hun!! " she said showing herself to me.

"Nandini... Get to sleep.... " I said trying to change the topic.

"Nahi pehle tum bolo.... Tum kuyn mujhe pasand nahi karte.... Abhi says I'm nice... Madhyaam says I'm nice.... Arav sir... Nyonika ma'am.. Joy... Everyone says I'm nice!!..... Phir why do you hate me so much!! "

"Nandini..... You should sleep now!! "

"Noooooh! " she said moving here fingers and walked in my direction.

"Kuyn!! " she asked and held me by my collar and pulled me closer to her.

I knew I was loosing control. But I had to stop this somehow. I didn't want her to think I took advantage of her while she was drunk. I tried pushing her but no ! She held on to me.

"Aur yeh kya.. Murthy murthy.... Hai haan.. Mera naam... Nandini hai!!. " she said looking straight into my eyes.

"Nandini.. Leave me... You are drunk for gods sake.... "

"Ayye I am not drunk!!. " she said , leaving my collar and pushing me.

"Nandini don't!! " I warned her. But she turned a deaf ear and kept pushing me.

"Aaj Toh tumhe batana hi padega..... Why... Why do you hate me??? " she said pushing me continuously.

But I had had enough now!

The next time she pushed me I fell on the bed and I pulled her over me and in the next moment I pinned her below me on the bed.

She was looking at me and I was loosing control yet again. I leaned down on her. She didn't close her eyes. I knew she was about to tell something and so she did,

"Manik..... " she whispered.

I stopped at her voice.

"I trust you.... " she said and smiled at me.

I looked at her, at that innocent face. Was I falling for her?! But how could I? This marriage was never to happen. All I wanted was a divorce. And Alya? Won't she feel betrayed?! She trusts me doesn't she!! God damn it!! I had so many emotions at one go.

I moved from over her and lay beside her on the bed.

"Nandini....... Don't do this to me...... " I whispered and waited for her reply.

But she didn't. I looked at her. She was sleeping already.

I smiled at that sleeping face and sat up and made my way to the couch.