35~ Love is a strange beast with no logic

I spent a lot of time searching for affection in shallow places. I gave people bits of me, they didn't deserve. And I let myself be hurt because that is what I deserved. But once I let go of trying to shovel pieces that did not fit, once I let go of all the hate, I secretly had stored in the gashes that decorate my heart; I met you.

Being lonely is a terrible pain. Its such that you can't rid of it. You have to sit there chained in your situation and face it all. It'll kill you inside out but escaping is never an option.

"Nandini" I looked up to find Abhi standing there with a glass of water in his hands.

I smiled at him and accepted the glass from his hands. He sat down next to me on the sofa in the living hall of his house.

"Everything's okay? Tum achanak yeha! " he said looking at me.

"I'm fine Abhi... Its just that I'd be leaving tomorrow so I thought to meet up with you" I said looking down with tears in my eyes.

"So you are leaving aren't you... "

"Yes!! " I said standing up with the glass in my hands and flashing a big smile.

"Finally I'll leave all this pain and be free. I'll live my life! " I said .

"Nandini...... "

"Haan? "

"I wish I could bring back that happiness on you face"

"I'm happy Abhi"

"You aren't "

I looked down. The burden over my heart was increasing with each passing second.

"You are leaving your happiness...... Manik" he said standing up.

"Abhi.... I" but I couldn't finish what I had to say. My head was spinning and I felt dizzy. I needed some support to stand. My legs were trembling. I was at a loss of energy. My vision was blurring.

I blacked out and the last thing I knew was that the glass broke with my fall.

.

.

.

"I hate you Nandini. How could you say you love me!! How?! This is insane. There's nothing between us! And there will be nothing , ever!! You were just a deal. Let go off it. I won't ever be yours " said Manik pushing me and I fell on the floor.