14~ Adapting To Her Ways

"Evening my friends"
The voice caught my ears at once.
Suddenly I had the urge to know the individual. I moved towards the speaker , pushing through the crowd in an attempt to see the face once. But alas.
She wore a red gown which had covered nearly a big area around her , on the staircase she stood. But her face, it was covered by a mask.
"If people sat outside and looked at the stars each night, I bet they'd live a lot differently..... When you look into infinity you realize there are more important things than what people do all day"
I could feel her seeing me through those eye holes in the mask and every time she turned her face in my direction, her lips would automatically curve into a beautiful smile. A smile that could heal anything.
"Thank you"
My trance broke and she soon disappeared in the crowd. I hurriedly went in search for her. I could see her red dress moving towards the exit of the hall.
"Excuse me!! " I shouted in order to gain her attention.
She stopped. It seemed she was waiting for me to stop her right there.
And finally I stood in front of her. Her face was glowing. Her long black tresses were smoothly arranged over her shoulder which went down on the dress.
"Yes?! " she asked in the most polite way.
"Ummmn..... I just wanted to see your face.... " I said directly.
She smiled to my request and slowly opened the string of the mask from the back of her head.
I could see fair skin exposing itself.
She slowly removed the mask exposing the features of her face one by one.
I stood in front of her in utter expectation when suddenly the lights went off.
"Miss..... " I said asking her presence.
But she was gone. She was gone yet again.