38~ The Choice

We got off the dance floor.

People were hooting and cheering for us! I looked at Nandini who was walking right beside me, but her face was hanging down.

"We need to talk!!" I whispered , reminding her.

"Abhi nahi... " she said and drifted apart the next moment.

Did she just say me a no!! What the actual hell! But I had to talk to her today. She had to tell me, and that was the bottom line. I couldn't wait longer and digest more lectures.

I went on behind her but soon stopped seeing her talk with Nyonika . I took a step back immediately and found Nyonika hugging her with teary eyes! I found it way too funny but some where down the line I felt something was not right.

I looked about and found Dad gracing the stage again. He was speaking about how it all started and all those stuff.

"As for now... I know I have bored you guys enough..." I heard him say. I chuckled to myself. Why did people have to make confessions like this , onstage!! Like its implied that if the boss is speaking the employees are ought to get bored, added to that Dad was old enough to bore any young lad.

I rolled my eyes and looked in the direction where Nandini and Nyonika were standing, but to my surprise they weren't there anymore. I looked around and spot Nyonika , but Nandini!! She had just vanished! Where did she go already?!

I turned around to search for her when suddenly I heard Dad call my name. I looked blankly and he gestured me to come up.

"Come on Manik tell us a few words about your colleague.... Nandini! " he said.

Nandini! Oh shit! He really wasn't serious when he said I had to tell how she was?! I was in such a mess. I needed immediate rescue.

I started taking mini steps towards Dad and in the next five minute's I found myself standing there with the mic in my hand, gracing the stage all alone.

I didn't have the slightest idea about what I should say. I started fumbling with words when suddenly I spotted her standing by the door. She was looking at me and I finally started speaking, I don't know what!

"Let me just share this something with you tonight " I started, my eyes not leaving her for once cause I knew they feared she'll disappear again!

"You know a month back...someone told me ..Once in a lifetime you meet someone and they change your life! ... I didn't really know what it meant...and maybe I don't yet.... But.... there's this girl who came in like a storm in my life!.. .. She.. She was a real pain , at least that's what I used to think! But..... one fine day, she stood there beside me in a bridal attire, as my wife and everything.... everything changed.... There was this something about her... Her passion!... You have to learn her!.. When she speaks, you could never really stop her because you could tell she values every word that leaves her mouth.... She knows what's happening around her.... She has this kinda... fire behind her eyes and once you approach her, she'll smile at you.. The widest yet softest smile and you'll have to stop and check if you are breathing. She isn't perfect on that note....but..... "

I was quite impressed at myself , but on that note surprised too cause I really didn't know why at all I was praising her! But then I guess that's what everyone expected me to do. However somewhere down the line I did feel, maybe (just a maybe okay! ) those words I spoke were true?!