She did it with the wine! (B)

I looked at her standing there, looking down at the road and I knew she was already crying.

Suddenly I found myself being pulled in her direction. And soon I stood close to her and cupped her face  in my hands.

"Nandini....life isn't easy as it seems..."

Her eyes met mine. This was the first time I actually looked at them carefully and trust me when I say this,  they were beautiful.

" Although it is difficult today to see beyond sorrow...you've gotta get a hold of the things..And things will turn in favour soon.. take that incident positively and let it help you learn.. Learn lessons of life..You are a brave heart Murthy and you gotta stop yourself from suffering....and.." 

But I again saw tears rolling down her eyes. Maybe she never expected such things from me which was justified to the fullest extent. I didn't wipe those tears because I felt those were required to let her feelings.
She hugged me tightly. I let her calm down. I stood there, my hands fixed , not hugging her back.

"I am sorry Manik....." she said breaking the hug.

I just looked at her. I did not have anything more to say. I had never seen this vulnerable sight of Nandini. I had seen her argue, fight, sad but a Nandini breaking down...nahh that was new!!.

"Zor se mar diya na" she said wiping her tears.

"Naah..its.." but she cut me off in the middle.

"Yeha dard hua ?" she said and I felt her hands touch the cheek on which she had slapped me.

"Nandini...." but she shushed me this time and I found her going on her heels. Her short stature kinda rose and soon she placed a kiss on my cheek.

Her actions surprised me. Such things weren't expected.

She pulled back and looked back at me.

I smiled.

And she finally smiled back. This was a first, though in a drunk state but she actually did smile for me and I felt relived at that particular curve her lips made.

"Lets go back.." I said.

And we started walking again but this time I held on to her hand so that she wouldn't stop again.

"Waise Manik.........."

"Haan"

"Uss din jo maine.....woh...kya...haan...uss din jo maine spaghetti banaya tha...usska tumne kya kiya..??"

I looked at her.  Why did she have so many questions??!! And how did that spaghetti thing get in the middle of this.....This 15 minutes walk would take more time now, I knew for sure.

"Batao!!" she said

"I threw it..aur kya!!" I lied.

"Achha!!"

"Haan" I said looking away.

"Achhaaaww...itna pyaar se banaya tha maine!!..tumne phek diya" she said making a puppy face.

"Haan toh..apne liye banaya tha na tumne!!.... "

"Manik..." she said standing in front of me.

I raised my eyebrows.

"Sach bolo...tumne kya kiya!!" she said,  her hands yet again folded close to her chest.

Why the hell can't she just believe me?? !! She actually expects me to tell that I had ate it!! God!

"Bolo!!" her voice broke my trance.

"I threw it bola toh!!"

"Sach bolo!!' she said and with that she sat on the road.