Prologue

Michael and Calum met during their freshman year of high school. The very beginning of their four year adventure.

Both boys were extensively shy and didn't fit in, the two preferring the company of their shadows or the matching color of their shoes or the dangling hands that interlocked perfectly as they sat underneath the trees on the field.

They fell in love and thought they had everything in the palm of their hands, until they graduated for senior year.

Michael decided to go to college to earn a degree for medical because he really wanted to save lives when he grew up. He always dreamed of being like his parents who would watch people smile when they realize they didn't die.

Calum on the other hand decided to join the military. And while it was right for him to fight for his country, Michael obliged. He didn't want his baby boy to get hurt or shot and never return home because he's heard so many heartbreaking stories like those.

He didn't want it. But it was Calum's dream to defend for his country and Michael didn't understand it. But he didn't get the chance to, because Calum was already on his way. And a goodbye kiss wasn't enough to keep Michael or Calum satisfied but it had to be this way.

And now, four and a half years later, Calum is finally able to come home. And Michaels scared, because he doesn't know what's going to happen.

-

This isn't really going to be a long story. Short chapters. I thought it was a cute idea. I've never seen a malum military story. So yeah. Enjoy!