Meeting the family

I am here for a week now. I barely talked to Wonjae and Nayoung after the first evening. Not because I don't like them... they actually are very nice. But I just can't. And they don't understand me anyways. So I am just passing my time in my room and eat from time to time. They even tried to make the food less spicy and I am really thankful for that. I never got out of this house in this week and just spend my days watching kdramas... to learn korean of course.

But this day it was much louder in the house. Rapmon, the family dog, started to bark and I heard more than the usual two voices of my relatives. There was an unfamiliar manly voice and I peeked out of my door to see who it was.
I saw a guy, maybe two years older than me, petting Rapmon. He had black hair which was cut in an undercut and wore black jeans, a grey hoodie and red converse. And I just have to mention his super cute smile. I watched him for some time until he looked up and saw me. At first he seemed irritated but then it looked like he remembered something. He went straight towards me and bowed in greeting. As far as I understood his name was Kim Namjoon. He said something else in korean until aunt Nayoung interrupted him and talked with him in korean. I felt like an alien not knowing what they are talking about until he turned to me and spoke with me in fluent english
"OH so you don't understand korean. Sorry for making you feel uncomfortable" he smiled at me and continued "I am Kim Namjoon but you can call me Oppa" he winked at me and chuckled "okay no need for that at least I'm just your cousin not your brother. Your name was Mila right?"
I nodded still dumbfounded. I was really surprised but endlessly happy that I found someone who understood me... or at least my language.

I introduced myself properly and bowed to him in greeting. After that we talked the whole evening. I noticed just how much I missed that. Just talking and not having to think how you should explain what you mean. I found out that Namjoon was 19 years old and just came back from vacation with his friends. I talked about my first week here in Korea and all the things that are different here and asked him some questions.
The more I talked to him the more I relaxed and the for the first time since that day I was back to my real personality.
I suddenly stopped talking realizing that I talked most of the time and my voice was getting hoarse. "Sorry for talking so much" I apologized and looked down. He just smiled at me and answered "No problem it was cute" he smiled at me "I am just worried about your voice"

We talked just some more until I was almost falling asleep. I went to my room which was beside Namjoon's room (I always wondered what that room is for) and laid down on my bed. Shortly after I received a message from an unknown number.

"Hey now you have my number too. Text me if you have any problems :)
I also wanted to ask if you want me to help you with korean? OK that is no question your lesson starts tomorrow
Sleep tight
Namjoon"

I chuckled and answered with a simple "ok" and fell asleep.

Maybe It's not as bad as I though