Second Lead

I know it wasn't actually my mum that told me to don't give up. It was but it was just a memory. But I was still encouraged again. I got into my black uniform and went down in the kitchen to eat some breakfast. A few minutes later Namji entered the kitchen too and joined me at the table.

In school I took a deep breath before entering my classroom. I wanted to look more confident and went to my seat not like usually with my eyes down but with my head up. I am not going to talk to everyone now though but I will find out why the girls did that to me.

My thoughts were interrupted by Mr. Kim who just entered the classroom and I prepared for class.

I tried hard to understand everything when Mr. Kim suddenly said my name. I had to realise that he bid me to read out the text he just gave us.

I nervously nodded and began to read. And I am able to read hangul but... it sounds like a dislexic is reading as I needed some time to figure out how the whole word is pronounced. I heard chuckles from the second lead girls and tried to remember to be confident. It was hard though to be that while you sound like an elementary school student trying to read Romeo and Juliet or something.

It was going pretty good though in my slow pace but then I stopped. I had,no idea how that word is to pronounce. A student next to me had watched me struggle the whole time but now whispered me the correct pronunciation. I continued reading until the teacher thanked me and asked another student to go on.

I sighed and relaxed again. My head was hot and I probably looked like a tomato. I looked over to the student that just helped me.

Is it just me or did he look nervous too?

I smiled at him "gamsahabnida" I bowed slightly with my head and he nodded while looking away.

Did I do something wrong? His face is completely red is he okay?

The black haired male didn't look at me for the rest of the lesson. But I remember him. He was one of the three guys that stood together at my first day. Actually they stand together every day and I was right the other two students were in another class.

He was very good looking actually and I could imagine that he was pretty popular but I never see him with girls surrounded like the other popular guys.

Maybe he's the shy second lead? The one that girls don't see even if he's good looking?
I should stop thinking in dramas....

I didn't even realize I was staring until he asked me something.

"You really have problems with Korean, don't you? Are you even able to speak? Or do you understand me?"

I was surprised that he actually talked to me but I noticed he was shaking. He looked so nervous and his voice cracked when he talked to me.

"Well I can talk in Korean and I understand you but I am still a slow reader. But what about you are you okay?"

He nodded and looked away again his head completely red.

Is he shy? Is he blushing because of me?

I wasn't able to think about it further as Mr. Kim approached me. He asked me if I need help with learning or something but I shook my head.

"The only problem is that I need some time to read and understand it."

He nodded
"Maybe someone in class can help you then? How about your neighbor right here? You could help him with English in return. Right Jungkook?"