Arriving

A/N: when they are actually talking in english the text will be in italics.

"Please fasten your seatbelts, we will be arriving soon at Goyang International Airport"

I looked out the small window and watched the plane getting closer and closer to the ground. I was sitting in this seat for hours and I couldn't look more forward to getting out of here. But thinking of what will wait for me outside this plane was even more frightening than being stuck in it for over 12 hours...

I waited for my luggage and got out of the big mob that was forming. As I reached the exit I already saw numerous people with signs in their hands with foreign names. I scanned through the forest of names and finally found mine: Mila Kim. I know it might be a weird name but what can I do?
I took a deep breath and walked towards the man who was probably searching for me.
"Uhm hello I am Mila Kim" I said and he looked at me a bit puzzled. Then he answered "Ahh Mila..." the rest I wasn't able to understand because it was korean. Well what else would you expect in Korea? The man smiled at me and introduced himself as Kim Wonjae, as far as I understood. I greeted him again with a bow and an unsure "annyeonhaseyo". He smiled again and carried my bags to his car. I sat down in the passenger seat and we left the airport behind.
We drove about 20 minutes and then arrived at a small house in Goyang. It looked pretty nice but I still felt like throwing up.

So this is where I am going to live from now on...

Wonjae started to get my bags out of the car and I helped him carrying it inside the house. The moment we entered a middle-aged woman looked out of a door and greeted Wonjae cheerfully. She also greeted me with a bow and hugged me and said something in korean again. Apparently her name was Kim Nayoung and I greeted her back in a formal bow and again with an "annyeonhaseyo". She tried to tell me something but seeing my confusion she just said in broken english: We glad have you here. I show you the room.
Her accent was really cute and I was touched that she actually tried to talk to me. I followed her into the room in which I will live from now on. It was a simple room with not much decoration and plain white walls. "Can paint the way you want" Nayoung said while doing painting gestures. "Make the room the way you want" she smiled and I nodded in response. I felt bad because she was so nice but I couldn't even answer properly. Actually Wonjae and Nayoung were my uncle and my aunt but I never met them. In fact we had no contact at all to my father's family. So it was nothing else than living with strangers.

She left me in the room alone so I could make myself home. I unpacked my bags and laid down on the bed. So much things happened in the past that I had to deal with and now I have to live in a country with a completely different language. Plus the second language is chinese and not english so not even that is going to help me...
Why did have to become like this?

I fell asleep and I woke up by the sound of my uncle's voice. I needed some time to realise he was in front of my door and trying to tell me that dinner is ready. I got up from my bed and sat down at the table together with them. I stared at the food not knowing what exactly it is so I just suggested it was kimchi because it was the only korean meal I knew. Nayoung soon explained me something in korean so I didn't understand it but I heard kimchi so my theory was proved... Probably.

Well it's not like I know nothing about korea, I love kdrama and kpop actually, and I knew korean food is very spicy but wow the first time eating kimchi was like eating fire or drinking extra hot chili sauce. Maybe I am just a baby but I couldn't finish so they brought me some bread to eat.

I will die here I know it...

After eating I just went into my room. I felt horrible (not just because of the spicy food). I wanted to go home...
All the memories welled up inside me and I laid down in my bed crying myself to sleep.

I wanna go home... I miss you...