The scent of flowers (Matt)

She had this very distinctive scent. It was the scent of flowers. Jasmine to be specific, with undertones of very soft lavender and a third one... orange blossom maybe? It was something citrus, he knew that.

He'd first smelt the scent two months ago on his father when he'd come home late one Monday evening. It didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on. Since moving here three months ago his father disappeared every Monday night- bible study group. But every time he came back, he came back smelling of her.

He'd decided to follow him one night, it was hard to keep up, that was before daddy had bought him the Porsche, though. He'd known daddy had a bad habit, but he hadn't known that the habit extended to whips and chains. He'd waited for his dad to leave, then followed the woman home. And what a dang coincidence... she lived in the same suburb as he did. He'd parked across the street and watched as a blonde girl had opened the door and greeted her mother with a hug. She had stepped out into the light momentarily, and that's when he'd caught a glimpse of her face. But it wasn't until she walked past him in the hallway at school and he had smelt that same scent, did he realize who she was.

Her scent gave her away everywhere she went. That's how he'd known she was in the library that day. Matt had been born almost blind, grown up almost blind but six years ago he'd had the surgery that had given him his vision back. But what happens when you're robbed of one sense for so long... another one becomes stronger, and for him, that was his sense of smell.

Hope smelt good. Very good. And he knew he wanted to taste her too. He'd wondered if she was kinky like mommy too, and he'd gotten his answer that day at the gas station. She had tasted as good as she smelt.

He wondered if she knew what her mommy got up to on Monday's? He wondered if she got up to anything on Monday's herself?

His dad had begged, cried and sworn. His dad had told him he would do anything, anything he wanted if he didn't tell mom. "If something like this got out, your mother would be ruined. My political career would be ruined. It would be all over the news. We would be shamed. A laughing stock"

So he'd asked for the Porsche. He hadn't really expected his father to come home with it, and not that very night. But when he did, he'd started  asking for other things too, and they had all arrived. He was being bribed to keep his daddy's, dirty, dark secret.

He wondered if Hope would give him anything for keeping her mommy's little secret...?