Character Bible

Hope Masters 

Hope is the main character. Daughter of a serial killer (The Cupid Killer), product of rape. She is pretty and pink and blonde and perfect on the outside, but she is dark inside and hides an even darker secret- she is also a killer. She has unearthed a plot/ conspiracy surrounding her father, we do not know what yet, and she is making it 'her life's work' to do something about it. She's going Dexter and channeling her killings into something that is at least "meaningful." 

When she was younger she spent time in a home for disturbed children, her mother abandoned her there as she was unable to deal with her behavior. She doesn't have any memories of that time. But since then, she has realized that the best way to be in life, is to behave and not draw the wrong kind of attention to yourself. And that is why she is the perfect high school teenager! And one of the most popular girls at school. 

 She loves animals and volunteers at the SPCA - she is often at crime scenes fetching animals, so she knows some of the police by name. The SPCA is across the road from the police station and she sometimes goes there to send faxes and make photocopies. Their machine keeps breaking, Hope keeps breaking it, she likes to keep tabs on the police. She and her mother have a strange relationship full of secrets. 

Her main physical traits; pitch black eyes, petite, gorgeous blonde. She is an extremely striking girl. 

Detective Hlengiwe Dlamini (Abigail) 

She is a homicide detective. She is a lesbian who was in a relationship with Angela (The Vet that Hope works for) She grew up in the townships and was subjected to corrective rape when she was 16- it is when men rape a woman because she is a lesbian- trying to turn her straight. This is something that has haunted her and stayed with her  whole life. She has huge issues committing in relationships and accepting love from people. She has also struggled with alcoholism and is currently 9 months clean- she goes to NA and has a sponsor.   Her grandmother is a Sangoma (traditional African healer) she believes that Dlamini also has 'the gift' and that she too will hear the call to become a Sangoma. She is a feisty, hard core chick who does not take shit from anyone. You might think she is cold and unfeeling, but she isn't. She has a heart of gold under that hard exterior.