❣Chapter Thirteen❣

I'm back again! I swear I would update more often, gosh I'm a terrible person. I humbly apologize.

I missed you all so much, I was just really freaking busy with life. Wattpad is not my only world and please understand that there are events that happened that we don't know of.

So never ever judge someone.

Anyway, just to inform you all, I'm sorry but this chapter will be short. I finally finished the plot of this story, so just trust me. And stay with me, my lovelies.

On with the storyyy. Love you guys! Remember that.

-Katherine

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somehow, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Like I was afraid he'll disappear when I look away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Thirteen

"Were we engaged?" I asked.

Darren stared at me emotionless, his lips in a flat line his icy blue eyes staring right into my brown orbs. It was almost like he's trying to sync everything in.

"We did. But you got into an accident, I had to find you and when I did, you have forgotten everything." He said, my sight blurred and the only clarified thing I see are his icy blue eyes like always.

"Oh." I muttered. That seems decent. I wonder what exactly happened.

"Listen," Darren started, leaning over the table a bit. "I want to make this work again. I love you Aleena, I still do and I will always will. I'll patiently wait for you." He said, his eyes spoke the truth.

He still love me. He do love me. He'll wait. This is a lot to take in. My head started to ache so much and my heartbeat increased rapidly as my lungs tried to keep up. I groaned and closed my eyes, hoping the pain will go away. I hear Darren calling my name and holding me. Then I blacked out.

I wake up with coldness enveloping my whole body. As my eyes opened, the white walls, ceiling and floor welcomed me back. I'm again at the hospital. Then I remembered. Darren told me we were engaged. There's that word, were.

"Aleena," I gasped to my utter surpsise. I quickly turn to see Nathan sitting by my hospital bed, he wore a long sleeved maroon cotton sweater that fits perfectly fine with his muscular body.

"Why am I here? There's nothing wrong with me." I sternly said, Nathan's joyful expression faded to a disappointment or down kind of way.
"Aleena, you hyperventilated at the apartment. I didn't know what to do, I brought you here." He said, looking at the tiled floor. I frowned. I know... that did not happen. I was with Darren. We were engaged. He still love me. He offered for me to stay with him.

"Where's Darren?" I asked. Nathan swiftly looked at me, his eyes panicked but then panic quickly disappeared.

"I don't know." He said, looking at me with his poker face. He tried to conceal his emotions, I don't know how but I saw guilt, pain and anger in his eyes. It was almost like they're talking to me.

My sight darkened, this rage just appeared inside me. Nathan is fooling me. He knows. He knows. He knows.

"Where is he?!" I screamed, silence summoned the room. I regretted shouting. I felt bad. Why didn't I controlled myself? Why the sudden anger?