Chapter 10

Grayson pulls his car into the parking lot of a mall. The last time I went to a mall was probably 5 years ago. But I never really did like shopping though. I would stay home, watch Netflix, prank call people on my phone, go to school where I had about zero true friends, and eat. Life was actually pretty good, but I didn't realize that until...

Grayson unbuckles his seat first, and then mine for me like I'm a little baby. It's kind of cute though.

The first place we go to is Forever 21. I wander through the store and admire all the pretty tops, pants, and dresses everywhere.

"Pick out whatever you want," Grayson says softly before kissing my cheek. I smile and walk towards the tops to pick out an outfit or two. I don't want him to spend that much money on me, so I don't want to get too many things.

I enter the changing room with a grey knee-length dress, white t-shirt, and light blue jeans. I lock the door, then take off my clothes. I try my best not to look in the mirror. Seeing my skinny body makes me feel more insecure than I already am. As I try on finish trying on everything, I hear the girl changing next to me begin the yell at someone over the phone. I try to ignore, but she's really loud. I put my original clothes on, then leave the room.

I find Grayson standing in line with a lot of clothes. I approach him and say, "Grayson, you don't have to."

"I want to," he replies taking out his wallet to pay for all the clothes.

"But I don't deserve-"

"Yes you do. You're an amazing girl, and you deserve some nice clothes."

I smile at his cordiality. But I still think it's too much. I wish I had my own job so I could but him nice clothes, not the other way around.

Cameron's POV

Ethan and I return home at around 7 o'clock. When the police came up to us, they made us go up to their station and answer a bunch of questions, and ended up being there pretty much the whole day. The first thing I do when I get home is lay on the couch and check my phone. I scroll through my messages, and notice one from a number I don't recognize. I ask who it, and it turns it out to be Skylar. Grayson bought her a phone so that if anything happens, he's only one call away. I spent my whole night texting Skylar the dumbest things ever, just to annoy her.

C: save me

S: from what??

C: boredom

S: k

C: never tell anyone "k" it's impolite

S: k

C: 🙄

C: what's your favorite song atm

S: Blessings by Big Sean wby

C: don't-Bryson Tiller

C: am I annoying u?

S: very much

C: ok I'll keep it up

S: I hate you

C: Ily

S: k

C: lol ur so funny11!!4!2!

S: thanks you too!!1!

C: ur the only person on Earth to text the full word "you" lmao nerd

S: thanks

C: your welcome babe ;^*

S: *you're

C: lol bye

S: yay you're leaving!

C: ouch

S: I'm just kidding

C: awe you love me

S: who's typing "you" now lol

C: your so corny

C: but that's why I like you

S: stop flirting Cam

C: not until your mine😏

S: it's still *you're

C: lol good for you?

S: yup

C: take this L

S: ??

C: it means loss. U live under a rock?

S: actually I do

C: oh cool

S: good night <3

C: noooo don't leave me I have no one to talk to

S: smooth

C: lol but seriously

S: fine

C: ok good

C: wanna play a game?

S: sure

C: 2 truths 1 lie?

S: ok. you first

C: I'm from California, I have 2 sisters, I'm 5' 9"

S: 5' 9" is the lie?

C: no I only have 1 sister

C: ur turn

S: I have a crush on you, I'm an only child, I used to own a pet

C: they r all true tho

S: lol I gtg sorry

C: awe ok bye I'll miss you

S: bye <3

(AN) Skylar and Cam are so cute
-Danielle❤️