Chapter 26

Hi my babies , I was half asleep while writing this chapter so I promise I'll go back & edit tomorrow 😌🙌🏼 . This is where everything starts getting more juicy so stay updated 😊😍
__

Gio's pov:
After the meeting is over, I clear my throat and motion for Leo and Huey to stay back.

"As you both know, Lester may or may not be back in town. At this point our key goal is to get him. I want everyone to be aware of everything. I want the two of you at Diyah and Khloe's house at all times," I say emphasizing the word all.

I look over at Huey when I say Khloe's name.

"Huey, you and Leo both must be there 24/7 until we get Lester or atleast until we know he isn't in town anymore. Am I understood?" I ask looking between the two of them.

They both nod their heads and I motion for them to go before I rest my head into my hands.

After a couple minutes I get up to leave too and pull out a cigarette.

It's a bad habit of mine when I'm stressing about something. Not only the Diyah situation but the Katerina situation as well. I've had her in my mind all throughout the meeting and couldn't get her out.

She was the reason why I had quit smoking in general. She confided in me about how she lost her father to lung cancer due to his constant smoking and how she didn't want to loose me as well.

After that day, I vowed to never smoke again. Yet, here I was, smoking because of her.

I did a sadistic laugh and threw the cigarette away.

I walked back and surly enough there was my father waiting for me.

"You're smoking again," he says with no expression on his face.

"I am," I say nonchalantly.

"Come on," he says patting me on the shoulder.

After we drive home, I head straight to bed even though it's only 7. My whole appetite was lost and all I wanted to do was sleep the day off.

As I drift off to sleep, Diyah's face pops into my face and that makes me smile and happily drift off to sleep.

Next morning:

I wake up and get ready to head over to Diyah's house hoping that maybe things won't be as weird as yesterday.

I go downstairs and see that breakfast is already made.

"When's the last time I've seen you cook?" I ask grinning to my dad.

"If there's a few things your mother has taught me, it's how to cook," he says scrambling eggs.

We talk about how the meeting went and Lester's phone call. I hide the whole Kat conversation from him and hopefully I won't have to bring up her name ever again.

After I'm done eating, I grab my keys and drive off too Diyah's house.

Huey opens the door in nothing but sweats and a look of shock and embrassment comes over his face.

"Boss," he says trying to form words together but nothing comes out.

I make my way inside and ignore him completely.

After knocking on Diyah's door and not getting a reply back I barge in and when I don't see her on the bed my mind goes crazy with what if's.

Then suddenly the door opens and she walks in dressed in business wear looking even more beautiful with her hair in a side braid.