chapter 5

Sarah/ Jane's mom>>>>>>>>>>>

( Check out the A\N at the end of the chapter)
[Unedited]

_________________________*****________________________________________________________________________

I quickly realize that I am still being hugged by this woman. I awkwardly try to clear my throat ; some how it turned out to be a wimper. The woman seems to understand my discomfort, she quickly let me go. I smiled and thank her mentally. She looks at me as if she wants me to say something. I look at her like an idiot. God, what does she want now. "What?" I find myself blurting . I quickly put my hand on my stupid mouth. The woman finally speaks up. "Oh dear! You don't know who I am." Her gasp and British accent seemed so funny that I had to mentally scold myself from laughing out loud. I continue to just look at her silently. "Honey,I am your mother.". I burst out laughing. I swear my eyes started to tear up. After a few moments when I have finally stopped laughing, I look up to see the woman and Jackson was staring at me like I was an amusement. " what! Your joking, aren't you? You can't be serious. "

"Why not,dear?"

"But you're so young."

"Why, thank you. Yes , I may look younger. But I am your mother, Jane." Well I was shocked. Only a few people know my real name is Jane. That's the only thing I remember about my life before the orphanage and foster home. But I decided to test her.

"Huh! see. You're not my mother. My name isn't even Jane." I couldn't even properly finish my sentence before she interrupts me .

" yes , it is. You're name is janifer after your great aunt and middle name is marrelyne after your great grandma. "

"OK. I didn't know that about my self." It just saddened me.

" honey, it's alright. It's perfectly normal for you to not know such things." She came closer to hug me. I gladly hug her back.

"So, I guess youer my mother. "

"Yes, I am"
I get out of her embrace and look at her.
"Hi, mom"
"Hello, honey". I tear up along with her .Many question are spiraling inside my head .I want to ask them. But it's a bit awkward . Mom takes my hand and sits me down on the white fluffy couch. It's very soft. I look at my mom . I can see love and affection in her eyes. I feel so lucky. Happiness swells in my heart.

My mom breaks the silence. " jane, tell me about yourself. "
I smile. "Well, there is nothing much to tell. My name is actually Sarah Harrison. I am 19 as you may know. I live on my own or i used to. I finished my college education with a 3.8 GPA. I am now working two pat time job . and that's about it....oh! My birthday in on 23 march."

"Ok. First, you will no longer tell people that your name is Sarah. Your real name is Jenifer marrelyne black. We will..,at least i will call you Jane." I smile hearing her loving commands . For the first time in my life I feel like I have a parent. I am looking at her and smiling . " and second............ Jane, are you listening to me?" Mom shakes her hard in front of me . That seems to brought me out of my trance. "Yes, mom?" It sounded more like a question.

" honey, did you really hear anything i said ?"
" yes , I'm listening ,mom."
"Good girl. My second point was to always call me Mom, mother whichever you prefer. "
"Ok"
"And one more thing, you were not born on 23 march, dear. You were born on 24 August."
"So, how old does that make me?"

"Oh, you are nearly 18 ,dear. Still not a proper adult."
" but even my doctor agrees that I'm at least 18 years old ."
"Jane, i gave birth to you . i think i know old you are."
" wow.... You sure are a hardcore mom."
My mom gasps " Jane, what kind of language is that?"
" what? What did i say?"
"If you are going to live around me, you are going to have to start talking property"
My eyes widen. I don't like being told. Right now my mom's accent is ticking me of. I try to calm myself. I quickly mumble a sorry and softly say " I didn't know that my language was inappropriate. No one ever taught how to talk nice. Not everyone grew up with the luxury of having parents to teach them things!"
That seems to shut her up. She already had tears in her eyes. " I'm sorry, honey. I shouldn't have said that" she soothingly rubs my back with her small delicate hands. My tears are threatening to spill, but i feel deeply loved.

After a few moments, thankfully mom changes the subject. She puts her finger through my hair. Suddenly i feel like lying my head on her shoulder. So i lean over and do so. She smile lovingly at me.
"So , why did you coloured your hair?"
Hearing that question , i visually flinch. It is a tough topic for me to talk. Mom didn't notice my change of expression.

"I just needed a bit of a change". It wasn't a lie but it wasn't the complete truth.
" you know your father loved your hair. He was so happy when you were born"
"Umm.... Where is he, mom?"

It was my mom turn to flinch. She stops running her finger through my hair. I quickly say sorry and sit straight. Mom turns to me before speaking.

" Honey, you dad is no longer alive. I lost you and your dad on the same night. "
She turns silent , i don't dare to ask anything. She takes time to prepare herself to say something.

Suddenly she starts to cry. She quickly stand up . Looking down at me, she says that she is not ready. She keeps on crying. I don't know how to comfort her. Jackson who had left is now here hearing her soft wimper and sobbing. He looks at me and her and quickly run to her. He shouts at me "what the hell did you do? Why is she crying?" Shocked by the strong powerful voice, i stay silent." Tell me now" he shouts again. "I don't know " i mumble out softy.
Jackson glares at me and takes my crying mom with him after mom said sorry to me a couple of times. Crying seems to have broken her voice. I stand there alone .After pacing a couple of minutes waiting for Jackson i soon grow tired and sit down . i started to think about my father and I started to doze off. My eyelid started to get heavy .I don't remember when I fell asleep on the couch . It felt very comfortable sleeping on the couch.

___________________________________________________

Sorry guys , i know i didn't update for a long time. I won't be updating again . at least not this year. I have some personal problems. I have my college ending exam which is called HSC exam in my country ,then depending on that i will be allowed to give exam in different universities which will determine my career in the future. so please please pray for me, wish me luck. Anyway, please enjoy this chapter .
Comment
Vote
Share.
Love you all😘