Hers: He's Not So Bad Afterall

"Don't mind him, Bryce. You know how he gets."I say.

"No worries, I actually haven't talked to him in a long while. Why don't you two join me for dinner tonight? We can go to Lincoln Square Steak. Its the best Steakhouse in whole of New York, besides its Jason's favorite."Bryce says.

Its high time I have a look around this city. I've been here for more than a week and still haven't had a tour. And what better way to start than having dinner at New York's best steakhouse, right?

"Sure! What time?"I ask.

"Chad will be here to pick you guys up at around 7:30. Is that okay?"he asks. Looks like Bryce is an early-to-bed kind of a guy.

"Uh-huh."I reply.

"Great. So now I'll take your leave, see you tonight, Pepper."he says.

"Goodbye!"I say with a smile.

After Howard leaves, I knock on Jason's door. I still have to convince him about the dinner tonight.

"You may not come in."his voice comes from inside.

I turn the doorknob anyway and enter, shaking my head and say, "Rude much?"

"Intrude much?"he says sarcastically. I notice he's typing something on his iPad. With all the excitement regarding Paris, I'd almost forgotten the thing about him being such a good writer.

"Ha ha very funny. I'm frying eggs. You hungry?"I ask. As they say, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach!

"Uh yeah, I'll be right outside. Let me change, you know I should present myself in a nicer way since there is a lady living in my house."he jokes.

"Our house."I correct him and leave the room, slamming his door shut.

"What's the occasion?"Jason asks when he comes out in his boxers and a T-shirt on this time, seeing his breakfast kept nicely on his plate with a cup of coffee.

"Nothing, I was just really hungry and in the mood of cooking."I say.

"Stay in that mood. I want a delicious supper today."he says.

"Umm about dinner. Bryce wants to take us out."I blurt out quickly.

"And you agreed?!"he asks.

"Uh yeah?"

"This is too much. I mean what the hell? One thing you should have known about me is that I do NOT mingle with my investor much. You can keep planning vacations and dinners with him but please don't include me, alright?"he says furiously and pushes his plate away.

"Listen, I don't know how sweeter I have to be to you to give me the same treatment. But now that you are treating me this way, guess what? I'm going alone. You can arrange your dinner yourself but I don't see how you'll be able to do so, with the door locked. Not that you can even toast a bread for yourself. And now I'm going to my room and getting some sleep, since you ruined it all last night."I shout each and every word of it and go into my room, anger making my cheeks so red, they're steaming.

Ugh.

...

After a long nap, I see the time and realize it is six in the evening! I slept through almost whole of the day and even skipped lunch. Guess I'm gonna have a heavy bill tonight.

I get up and have a quick bath. I pick out a black buttoned up shirt with trousers and gold flats. Do I wanna put make up? I really don't usually, but I guess a bit of eyeliner and gloss wouldn't hurt.

Suddenly, I hear a know at the door accompanied by Jason's voice,"Pepper? The car is here to take us."

I open the door saying,"Us?"and find Jason Salt standing in a white shirt with three buttons down, exposing a bit of his chest and black jeans.

"Well I changed my mind and I've decided to honor you with my company."he says in his usual sarcastic tone.

"What made you do so?"I ask.

"I don't wanna die of hunger tonight."he says.

"Ha! No, I know you are coming because you felt guilty of being rude towards me."I say, laughing.

"No, whatever. Lets go."

A smile is brought to my face. He might not be so bad afterall. Though he's still an asshole.