Hers: Busted

I dial Nancy's number and she immediately picks up, even at this time. The girl's a party animal, what do you expect?

"Pepper! Oh my god we haven't talked since my last appointment. Long time!"she says, music thumping in the background.

Nancy was a client of mine with a drinking problem, and since then she hasn't tasted a drop of alcohol. So she does owe me a favor.

"Hey Nancy! I actually need a favor. Do you still work for that magazine which publishes works by upcoming writers?"I ask.

"Chief editor now."she says, giggling.

"Great! I have a friend, who writes amazing stuff. You think you can get him into this month's subscription?"I ask.

"Sure! Mail me the article, okay? And if I like his work, he might just become one of the employed writers."she says.

"Perfect! Thank you so much!"I say.

"Hey, no problem. I'm actually outside right now, so just mail me the stuff with his details, okay?"she says.

"Okay, bye!"I say and then hang up.

Now how am I to get Jason to agree to this? He would be so angry if he gets to know! I sure can't take any chances, so its better that I take matters into my own hands.

But right now, I need some sleep. Its been such a long day...

...

I'd set my alarm for  6AM so that I can take Jason out for a jog. I knock on his door multiple times after having my coffee. Obviously he doesn't open the door, leaving me no other option than barging in.

"Jason, get up!"I yell, taking his blanket off him. Yet again, only boxers.

"What the hell?"he murmurs.

"Jogging? Remember?"

"I thought that was only for a day..."he mumbles softly.

"Well no, I need you outside in five."I say and walk out of the room.

He takes seven minutes to come out, but hey, that's some improvement, considering he wouldn't even get out the bed a week ago.

...

"How many rounds more??"Jason says, panting.

"We've only done four, Jason. One more today."I say.

"Why are you doing this to me? What did I ever do to you??"he says, making me laugh.

"So, did you try what I told you to last night?"I ask.

"Uh..yeah sort of. I had a better night."he says, hesitantly, obviously not wanting to thank me for anything.

"Glad."I say, chuckling to myself.

...

Once we're back home, Jason goes for a bath. He never locks his door when he does so. Hence, its pretty easy for me to sneak in and get his iPad.

There is an entry which was made last night.

Her auburn hair blowing along the wind as I drove made me want to ignore the road ahead of me and keep looking at her. "Look at the road, don't you get me killed!"she'd say laughing, a laugh that lit her eyes up. Her green eyes had the capability to take me to another world, a world where it was only me and her. A world where I could be hers forever and she could be mine. But in this ruthless world, that could not happen. So in my darkest of moments, picturing those green eyes, sinking in them, I travel to that world and see her there, waiting for me. When she looks at me, a smile grows on her face. That smile. A smile which had the capability to make me lose my mind. Make me be myself again. "Be good."she says. Good? Is that what I want to be? No, without her, there is darkness filled inside me, I cannot be good again. "For me?"she asks. And I have no answer to that question...

Wow. He must really love Amanda a lot.

I email the entry to myself and that's when the bathroom door clicks open.

"What are you doing?"Jason asks me, a towel wrapped around his waist.

Busted.