Chapter 1

Mackenzie PoV
I was on a roof with Jace, watching the shifter who shifted into a girl and its eyes glowed blue. Alec and Izzy then joined us and all of us flipped off the building and followed the shifter. Me and Alec was walking in the club and Izzy was in front of us. Then I noticed Jace wasn't with us. I turned around and saw him, talking to a mundane. ''What the hell?'' I muttered. ''Jace!'' Alec yelled and my brother ran towards us.

We went into the club, walking through the crowd. My brother and I saw the girl and we followed the shifter to a room with demons. ''Izzy'' I said and she nodded her head. Izzy went on a table, taking off her coat and wig and started to dance. My brother went to the shifter to talk and I stood beside Alec at the corner. Jace then pulls out his sword, ''Watch out!'' and the demon gets pushed on the couch. I looked to see who it was and it was the girl my brother was talking to outside.

I took my sword out and a man ran to me but I quickly stabbed him. A demon came behind me and put his arm around my neck, making me drop my blade on the floor. I tried getting the demon off of me, but I couldn't. Then I heard the man gasped and his arm disappeared from me. I turned around and saw it was Alec. ''You ok?'' he asked. I nodded my head, taking my sword from the floor.

After we finished killing all the demons, I saw the girl ran out. ''I'm going after her'' my brother said and was about to leave, but I stopped him.

''After her? Don't you think she ruined enough tonight?'' I questioned, but my brother just walked out of the club.

~~~
The next day, me, Alec and Jace decided to check up on Clary, since my brother brought Clary here after a demon attack. ''A mundane shouldn't be here'' Alec said.

''Where is ''here'' exactly?'' Clary asked.

''She's not a mundane Alec'' Jace told him.
''How would you know?'' I questioned my brother.

''Because the seraph blade lit up when she touched it'' Jace replied. ''Isabelle, can you-'' Isabelle stood up, letting Jace sit down on the bed. ''I'm Jace Wayland'' my brother introduced himself.

''I'm uh-'' ''Clary Fray. We know who you are'' my brother cut her off.

''Am I the only one who finds this unusual?'' Alec asked.
''You always find everything unusual Alec'' I said, looking at him.

''I have to report this to the Clave'' Alec insisted.

''You know what? Dial it down a notch'' Jace said.

''My brother doesn't have a dial. I love you Alec, but you always have a switch that is always on'' Isabelle told him.
''I love you too. But this-''

''Hey you know what? Give us a minute'' Jace said creating silence between all of us. Jace sighed, ''Here's a word you never hear me say. Please?''

''What is wrong with you? Really, no. What is wrong with him?'' Alec asked but Izzy told her brother to walk with her. Once they left, I left as well, giving my brother and Clary some privacy.