Chapter 2

Mackenzie PoV
"Another mundane?" I asked, when me and Alec walked towards my brother.

"What is going on? Why is there a mundane in the Institute?" Alec questioned.

"A circle member followed him to get Clary" Jace explained.

"A circle rune,  just like the guys that took my mother" Clary said.

"What exactly is a circle memener and why are they trying to kill us?" the mundane asked, looking at my brother.

"All we know is a long time ago the Circle led a revolt. A lot of shadowhunters got killed, including our father" Jace explained.

"And since the revolt we've been forbbiden to even hear about the Circle" Alec added.

"How is that possible? It's your history" Clary questioned.

"Says the girl who didn't know she was a shadowhunter?" I said, walking to Izzy who was working at the computer.

"Yeah, you're right. And now the only person knows the truth is missing. So I don't care about your rules or what's forbbiden. There's got to be someone who can tell us why they've taken my mother" Clark replied, I'm a rude tone.

"There is. You coming?" My brother asked and Clary and her friend followed him. "No, no. Not you" my brother told the mundane.

"Hey, we're a package deal" Clary stood up for her friend.

"There are runes all over the training room floor that would kill your mundie boyfriend" Jace said.

"He's not my-I'm not..." Clary and the mundane started at the same time looking at each other. "We're just friends. Best friends" Clary said.

"Yeah. I'm tough. I can handle runes. So uh, bring on the runes!...What exactly are runes?" Mundane asked.

"They give Shadowhunters our demon fighting powers" Isabelle explained.

"So hot" mundane said, while looking at my parabatai. I cleared my throat and gave him a glare . "The rune" he corrected himself.

"Sony worry Clary. I'll watch over the best friend. In fact, I was about to make breakfast" Izzy said.

"On second thought, the runes might be less lethal" Jace added making me smile.

"I'll pretend I didn't hear that" Izzy looked at my brother. "Please excuse my brother's lack of manners. This is Alec.  The girl beside him is Mackenzie who's Jace's sister. And I'm Isabelle" sticking her hand out and the mundane held it.

"Lewis. Simon. Simon Lewis. Two first names. Am I still talking?" Mundane said.

"See? Best friend's safe and sound here" Jace reassured Clary.

"Jace, if anything happens to him-" Clary started but Simon interrupted her.
"Go on. I'll be fine. I think" smiling at Izzy.

Clary and Jace left and I was heading to my room and I heard footsteps behind me. I stopped walking and so did the footsteps. I smiled a bit, "Alec I know it's you" I said and Alec ran beside me. "What are you doing?" I asked

"Following you" he replied.
"Why?"
"I noticed you were quiet back there. And you're never quiet. Let me guess....you don't like Clary and Simon" he said.

I shook my head, "Especially Clary. She's just a distraction for Jace" I said and opened my bedroom and sat on the bed. "Ever since she came, things are changing. And I don't like it" I whispered and Alec sat beside me.

"Mack...I promise I won't change. I'll be always here for you" he told me and my door opened and Izzy walked in.

"Jace sent me to tell you guys we're going to find Dot" Izzy informed us and I nodded my head and she left the room.

Me and Alec left the room and went to the main room and saw everyone gathered around the storage of the weapons. "I don't approve of this misson" Alec said and we walks up to them. "I spoke with the Clave.  They're sending Seelie scouts to search for Valentine, but they made it clear the little girl does not leave the premises".

"Hey, my name's not little girl. I don't care what the Clave thing or you want, I'm going to find Dot" Clary told him, making me roll my eyes.

"Alec, this warlock could have the  have the answers we need" Jace explained.

"With Valentine's people out there, she's not safe outside alone" Alex said.

"Jace has point" Izzy replied.

"You too, Izzy?" Alec questioned his sister. "All right, since you have all the answers, where do you suggest we search?"

"We should start at Dot's apartment in Greenpoint and there's this thrift store that she-" Clary let out a gasp for a few seconds while oalying with her necklace.

"What is it? What's wrong?" I asked.

"Weirdly I think I know where Dot is" she replied.

"Great, I'll drive" Simon said and I glared at him. "What? Unless you have like a shadowhunter mobile or something" he said making everyone stare at him. He looked at the floor as he was on one of the runes. "You were kidding about the runes on the floor killing me right?" He questioned.

"Possibly" my brother replied walking past us and followed him.

~~~
We were walking at the back of the Pandemonium and Clary was walking ahead of us first fast. "No! Dot! Dot!" Clary yelled running and we followed.

"Clary! Clary stop. Where are you going?" My brother asked when Clary stopped.

"2 men, Circle members. The same ones came to my house, who took my mom. They're gonna hurt her or kill her. We have to stop them!" Clary cried, running inside of the Pandemonium.

"She was trying to help me" Clary turned around to face us. "Now she's gone".

"Clary I'm sorry" Mundane said placing a hand on her shoulder.

"You don't understand, Dot is like my big sister" Clary said.

"It's not safe her. We have to go back to the Institute right now" Alec insisted.

"So what now? Valentine has my mom and Dot and we're just gonna give up? What about my memories? They can't just be fine?" Clary asked looking at all of us.

"There is another option" my brother replied and me, Izzy and Alec knew what he meant.

"Don't even-Absolutely not-Nope" the 3 of us said at the same time.

"I'm not afraid of the Silent Brothers" Jace told us, folding his arms on his chest.

"Who are the Silent Brothers?" Clary questioned.

"They're Shadowhunters with superior powers. Who possess the ability to recover the memories" I explained.

"A process that can also kill you, so there's that" Alec added.

"Your bedside manner is abysmal" Simon sarcastically said.

"Jace, we've broken 18 Clave rules and now you want to break into the City of Bones? No way" I told my brother. And Alec nodded.

"This isn't our choice to make. This is Clary's decision" Jace looked at Clary.

"You can't ask her to do this. She's not prepared. She doesn't know what she's facing" Izzy said.

"If anyone can tell me another way to revive my memories and still get the answers we need, I'm listening" Clary told us.