09 | 𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒆𝒙

You truly are my greatest weakness.

ELECTRICITY SHOOTS through her veins as she stands before Ashton's studio

ELECTRICITY SHOOTS through her veins as she stands before Ashton's studio. Her knuckles rap against the fogged, glass door. She leans back and forth on the heels of her flats and finds solace in fidgeting with the rim of her sweater.

Moments later, he unlocks the door, clad in a loose t-shirt and paint-stained jeans per usual, and greets her with a star in his eyes. "Good morning. How are you?" He leans down and brushes his lips against her cheek.

"I'm excited to start our first lesson today."

"Likewise. I have a lot in store for us."

She trails after him, watching as he scavenges through an enormous, plastic bin of art supplies. He pulls out a box full of paint bottles and brushes and sets it next to an easel with a canvas already set.

"Can you go stand over there?" He points at an empty table several feet away with an off-white cloth covering it.

Ria nods and skips over to the area. Sparks zip over her skin and through her bloodstream as she watches him gather his things. First lesson. Heart thrums. First step into honing my skills.

First day that I've officially pushed Chris out of my life.

"So," she drags and teases the sleeves of her sweater between her fingertips. "What is my first lesson?"

Ashton takes a seat in front of the canvas and drifts his fingers through his pale hair. "Today, we're going to take your skill of making real-life sketches and turn those into exotic figures. Break off from reality and step into fantasy. I'll go first to show you what I mean."

"Okay, sure." She clasps her hands together and glances around. "Is there a certain way you'd like me to stand?" And why a table instead of a block?

"Well, I usually like to paint my women in the nude so..." He lifts an expectant brow.

"What?" Ria's voice rises as she throws him an expression of bewilderment.

"No one is going to walk in." He nods towards the door with a smirk. "It's locked so you can get undressed."

"Why?"

"I told you to be ready for nudity, Ria. Unless you want me to go first." He stands up and pulls the bottom of his shirt over his head.

Her eyes expand as he exposes his firm physique without shame. "Why do we have to be naked?" she squeaks and pulls at her hair. "Actual nudity seems unnecessary."