55 | forsaken

You love furiously with all of your heart.

GOLDEN SUN RAYS ignite warmth against Ashton's skin as he steps into the loft

GOLDEN SUN RAYS ignite warmth against Ashton's skin as he steps into the loft. A view of the ocean behind the patio glass doors greets him and envelops his chest in warmth. There's a small lift in his lips as the waves lick the pale sand. I'm sure Ria will love this view.

Even more, he's certain she'll love the fact that he just came from his first meeting with Dr. Rosenberg. His treatment begins in a week and he's more than ready to take the steps to fight his addiction for her. Throughout the chaos, temptation has been knocking at his door while demons claw on the walls of his vulnerable mind.

Need has seared his veins on multiple sleepless nights. He's felt like an insomniac writhing to shed his own skin as he sweats and aches to take something. The bottles of liquor he's indulged in barely curb his deprivation these days.

Wandering fingers find his pocket and fish out his phone. He's since had it shut off, but every text and photo he's ever sent or taken of Ria rests inside. A double tap across the screen brings it to life.

Going to his photo gallery, he uncovers every picture he and Ria took in Florida. His favorite one is where Ria is sitting before the infinite ocean. Auburn hair glows beyond her shoulders. The hue of sunset lays a gentle orange glow over her tan skin. Despite it all, nothing quite compares to the luminous grin on her face.

Ashton loves her smile. Nothing makes him happier than seeing her rosy cheeks and cherry lips pull up to simper like an angel. His lungs contract in despair. Just thinking of her tortures every fiber in his bones.

I'll see you soon.

Ashton pockets his phone and continues into the expansive living room, the essence of his old place lost beneath barren walls and open spaces with a lack of furniture. The fragrance of fresh paint and ocean salt seeps into the beige walls, tearing away his familiarity with his and Ria's feminine and masculine scent battling each other.

Vivian is wrapped up in a sweater despite it being seventy degrees and has her nose buried in a notebook. Her legs are crossed in the only sofa they have so far. Delicate hands fly across the paper with a pen tight between her fingers.

She's been at that all evening.

"What are you writing?" Ashton inquires, dragging his feet across the hardwood until he's towering over her.

Vivian barely looks up; instead, pauses in her fury and sticks the end of the pen between her lips. Silver eyes dart along the contents of her paper. She drags the pen under her lips before going back to writing.

"Viv?"

"Hmm?" she answers distractedly.

"What are you doing? Writing a letter?" he jokes, though his heart is barely in it. Ashton doesn't honestly care, but anything to distract him from Ria and the sweet allure of escape is worth a try.