Tit for Tat

"Naaaaaaaayyyyyy! Tulungan nyo akooooooooooooo!"

In a haste, Ruby rushed towards the painting, arms outstretched, screaming, "Ang bunso kooooooo!"

With a loud SPLAK! she ran smack to the painting, bouncing back as her body collided with the hard surface, falling back first into the arms of Rich. . . again.

"Aray, aray, aray!" Rich grimaced in pain, as her entire body weight fell on him, causing him to fall down on the floor too.

The others went to Rich to help Ruby up.

During the commotion, a frightening guffaw of laughter was heard.

"BWAHAHAHAHAHA!"

The old man with the long, white beard and hair, dressed in gray robes and leather sandals, suddenly appeared in their midst.

All of them cowered in fear, eyes wide open.

The old man said in a frightening deep voice, "Buti nga sa yo, Butanding! Akala mo, papapasukin kita sa painting? Hinde, uyyyy! Hindi makakapasok dito ang buhay hangga't di ko sinasabi!"

Paolo screamed, "Ang lufet mo! Harsh ka sa Mama ko! Hu hu hu!"
Wally nudged him to stop.

"Ako pa ang harsh?" retorted the old man. "Eh muntik na niyang gibain ang bahay ko! Pakiramdam ko, lumindol eh! Butanding ba naman! HA HA HA!"

"Teka lang!" Jose quipped, angry. "Bakit ka tumatawa at nagbibiro? Eh di ba dapat, nakakatakot ka?"

Silence for a second or two. Then, the old man said, "Oo nga 'no? Pwes, matakot kayo dito!"

From out of the painting, a horde of black, fat, dirty rats came out, shrieking and scampering towards them.

All of them screamed.
Valeen jumped into the arms of Jerald.
Jose and Wally embraced each other.
Ryan jumped into the arms of Paolo.
Rich hid himself under Ruby's wriggling heavy weight, for once thankful for her wide body.

The rats ran around on the floor, around the room, on top of Ruby who was yelling blood, before going out the door, where they suddenly disappeared before their sight.

Valeen screamed and screamed. Jerald hugged her tighter.
Ruby, also screaming, was helped up hastily by Jose and Wally .

Quickly, Rich stood up and pushed the steel stretcher, corpse and all, straight into the painting.

It went straight in.

And almost at once, out came Nic, as if spewed out by the painting.

She landed precisely into Rich's arms, causing him to fall down on the floor again. . . with her on top.

Both surprised, they were unable to move as their faces came just inches apart from each other.

Wisps of hair fell down, framing Nic's perfectly oval face, her ponytail bun loosened, highlighting her surprised brown eyes, her lashes standing long and thick. Her pert nose is red with tension, her full, pouty lips slightly parted atop her slightly deep cleft chin. Rich can smell the scent of strawberry lipgloss intermingling with her sweet breath.