Leech-in' Moments

"Sino ka ba?" Nic asked angrily.

"Oo nga, sino ka?" Frowning, Rich also asked. "Inistorbo mo naman kiss namin, ang tsalap-tsalap eh. Ang tamis ng lips ni Nic," smiling at her.

Nic gave him a killing stare. "Hoy! Pasalamat nga ako't dumating siya, kung hindi, baka na-rape mo na ako!"

Rich's face registered both surprise and indignation as he countered, "Ano?? Huwaw! Ikaw nga dyan yung tindi ng kapit ng nguso sa akin eh! Parang linta!"

Her eyes grew wider with anger. "Bastos! Sinungaling! Manyak!"

"Tamo itong babaeng ito, ako pa manyak?"

"Bakit hindi? Eh ikaw itong humila sa akin eh!"

"Nagpahila ka naman!"

"Ikaw ang unang humalik eh!"

"Nagpahalik ka naman!"

"Aba't. . ."

Looking around for something to throw at him, Nic saw the head of the zombie who attacked her, bobbing out, peeking from behind her.

Furious at Rich, she marched towards it, pulled the head from its neck with all her might, then walked back to where she came from, throwing the groaning head at Rich, who ducked.

It missed Rich.

But it hit the woman's chest, who, all along during their heated exchange, was just looking at them with an amused grin.

As the zombie's head touched her chest, she looked as though she'd been stabbed in the heart, her eyes and mouth wide with fright.

The zombie's head latched on to her chest, digging into her, as it turned blacker and blacker by the second. The blackness, like a living shadow, consumed her whole body, and then creeping fast to her neck and face. Her face turned black, and black smoke came out from her mouth, her nostrils, her ears.

Her shrill, loud scream filled the entire cave.

"Paano. . . paano mo nalamang. . . Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Before their very eyes, the woman turned into ash, disintegrating and falling into the ground in a black heap.

Suddenly, the cave lighted up, as if a thousand lights were turned on.

Rich and Nic closed their eyes and shielded them with their hands as the light became so blinding in its brightness.

The ground then shook with a ferocity much like an intensity five earthquake.

Rich walked, albeit haltingly and slowly, towards Nic.

"Nic! Halika dito! Kumapit ka sa akin!" he shouted, his steps careful as the ground continue to rumble violently.

"Ayoko! Galit ako sa iyo!" she shouted back.

"Ano ka ba? Puro ka galit! Mamamatay na tayo, galit ka pa din!"

"Mag-sorry ka muna!"

"Ano'ng ipagso-sorry ko? Na hinalikan kita? Hindi ako magso-sorry para doon, 'no?"

He was now within four feet of her.

"NA TINAWAG MO AKONG LINTA!"

Rich stared incredulously at her. And despite the perilous situation they're in, and the trembling ground underneath their feet, he broke out into a loud guffaw.

"HA HA HA! Hindi naman kita tinawag na linta ah! Sabi ko, parang lang!"

"Ganun na din iyon!"