Chapter 8: Ikuto and Amu Encounter Each Other

Ikuto and Amu Encounter Each Other

It was horrible. The pain, the tears, all of it. Amu was lying on her bed and Dia was once again there watching after her. This time though, it wasn't just Dia. Everyone had wanted to watch over Amu. All of them had decided to stay in her room, which was the biggest one so they had no problem fitting. Amu laid down on the bed and she hasn't spoken a word since last night. She was currently asleep and the others all finished work early so that they'll be able to watch after her.

"Poor Amu-chan…." Whispered Ran "She's been so quiet and she hasn't eaten anything yet…."

"Leave her be for now Ran, we'll get her to eat later when she wakes up." Said Nagihiko, but in reality Nagihiko knew that Amu wasn't in a good state.

"Nagi, what are we supposed to do? What happened last night, don't you think it was crossing the line?" asked Dia, all of them knew it was more than just crossing the line.

"Yes I know, but interfering would have…" before Nagihiko could have finished, Rima was able to cut him off already.

"I know! Everyone knows! If we interfere Amu will just get hurt even more! But we have to stop using that as some excuse to just sit here and do nothing, because if we keep staying like this it's bound to get worse at some point!" Rima was loosing it, she was on the verge of tears again. She could no longer handle the fact that her closest friend was getting hurt and all she's done was sit on the sidelines.

"Rima-chan…" started Dia "Please be clam, Amu-chan isn't going to like seeing you like this when she wakes up."

"And you think I like seeing her like this when I'm awake?" asked Rima and now tears were falling from her eyes.

"Listen to her, she's right. You're not the only one who suffers from seeing her this way, but you have to understand." Said Nagihiko

"Even if we do want to get her out of here, how? We've got no authority over these guys." Said Miki, she was trying to stay calm.

"And then what? We just sit here and watch her get hurt every time?" asked Rima

"I don't think that's it~desu. We just have to think things through first." Said Su

"Rima-chan you have to clam down. Did you ever think that if we make a wrong move it would also end up hurting Amu-chan?" asked Dia

"…" Rima stayed silent for a moment and she could no longer fight it. She made a break for it and bolted out of the room.

"Rima-chan…" muttered Ran as she watched their friend leave the room.

"I'll go ahead and try to talk to her about it, we should all understand how she feels. Amu-chan was the first friend she's ever had." Said Nagihiko "I feel just about the same way too. Amu-chan and I have been together as friends for such a long time now. Just sitting here and thinking about the fact that I couldn't do anything for her makes e feel like some kind of friend…."

"Nagi….we feel that way too. We want to help Amu-chan too but…" started Ran

"Yes I know, thinking things through. We need to think before we act, or else we'd be putting Amu-chan back in the same situation one and the same." Said Nagihiko

"You should go after Rima-chan, she might be lonely on her own." Advised Dia once no one was talking again.

"Of course, that would be best for now. Please watch after Amu-chan here, I'll be back, and with Rima-chan with me if possible." Said Nagihiko

The others nodded in reply as Nagihiko soon left the room. As Nagihiko left, all the others were consumed by one thought, all that's happened last night came flooding back into their heads and as much as they didn't like it, they couldn't help but remember. They looked over at Amu's sleeping figure and remembered the most horrible night of their lives….