Chapter 18: Troubled Feelings

Troubled Feelings

Amu woke up the next morning, but she then realized she couldn't move much. She continued to struggle and when she couldn't move and all her efforts failed, she was released. She was free again and she was having mental block on what was going on. Well that was when she suddenly heard an all too familiar voice speak to her.

"Looks like you're finally awake Amu." Amu looked up and saw Ikuto staring at her.

"Ikuto…." She though back on what was going on and it all came back to her. What happened last night, how Ikuto ended up here and her horrible nightmares too.

"Don't you remember what happened?" asked Ikuto concerned

"No…I-I remember now…." She told him silently. "Thank you for helping me. I must have looked quite helpless last night didn't I?"

"Why would you worry about looking helpless? You looked scared." Said Ikuto. "I didn't expect to find you like that."

"I'm sorry…" apologized Amu. "I didn't mean to cause too much trouble."

"You didn't, but you got…you got me worried." He told her. He hesitated about the last part but he said it anyway. "If you were scared you could have at least said so."

"I know…." Said Amu "Utau was the one that helped me through it the night before."

"Night before?" asked Ikuto "What happened then? Why didn't you say anything?"

"You were the one who wasn't talking to me genius." Said Amu seriously "It's not my fault you made me think you hated me!"

"…" Ikuto was silent for a moment and then he asked "Did that bother you?"

"Did what bother me?" asked Amu confused.

"The fact that I wasn't talking to you. Did it bother you that much?" he asked again and Amu could see a small smirk forming on his face.

"N-no! I was not bothered by it! I was just confused as to why you weren't talking to me that's all." Said Amu with a huff. "Why does he have to make everything into some kind of joke?"

"You know I was only asking right? No need to make such a big deal out of it." Said Ikuto.

"W-well I…." Amu couldn't think of a comeback for that one. Her brain was still tired.

Ikuto chuckled slightly and then his voice turned into one of pure seriousness. "Amu, what was wrong with you last night, you were freaking out like crazy."

"It's nothing…" she told him silently.

"It didn't look like nothing." Said Ikuto.

"It's just….I just had a bad dream that's all. I'm fine now." Said Amu with a smile, a fake one.

"Stop doing that, you know I can see right through that right?" he asked, but there was no joke in the way he said it.

"…" Amu stayed silent and spoke after a little while. "Can I change and take a bath first or something...?"

"You really aren't going to tell me anything aren't you?" he asked her with a sigh.

"No, it's nothing like that. I will tell you, but please, not now….I can't." she told me.

"I won't force it out on you, but can you do me a favor?" Ikuto asked her.

"What is it?" asked Amu confused.

"Stop acting like that all the time." He told her.

"Acting like what?" asked Amu.

"Like nothing's bothering you and when you refuse to ask for help, acting like everything's fine when in reality it isn't." said Ikuto seriously wile looking at her.