Chapter 22: Thinking About "I Love You's"

Thinking About "I Love You's"

The two of them stood there for quite some time with no one making a sound. Ikuto looked at Amu confused as to why she suddenly wanted to leave. She started to avoid eye contact and was currently staring at the ground. He looked at her and he sighed.

"Amu, please just tell me why you want to leave." He told her.

"…" Amu stayed silent. She didn't really know how she'd explain to him about her sudden decision for now.

"Are you not comfortable here anymore?" asked Ikuto "Do you really think we can't help you? Is there something you need?"

"No…" replied Amu silently, she started to finally face him "I am so grateful for all the things that you've done for me. I owe all of you for your kindness and hospitality towards me…"

"Then why? What's wrong?" asked Ikuto.

"That's just it Ikuto, there isn't anything wrong with you or your family. It's just me!" she told him.

"But you did nothing wrong Amu." Stated Ikuto.

"I already owe you all so much, I can't bear staying here anymore." She told him. "I'm okay to go now. I can go back!"

"….Amu…" Ikuto stared at her, suddenly tears started to flow down her honey eyes. He knew something more was going on, and she wasn't telling him everything.

"Please just let me go…" Amu told him pleadingly.

Ikuto went closer to Amu and he smiled. Amu's eyes widened, it was one of the few times that Ikuto would smile. "Ikuto?" she asked quietly.

"Stop." Ikuto didn't let her continue, he cupped her face in his hands and he spoke "Amu, alright. I get it. If you want to leave…then go, but I want you to do me a favor."

"W-what?" asked Amu, her heart was beating twice as fast as Ikuto's face was inches from her own.

"Leave when you really want to, and if you do, can you leave after the ball?" asked Ikuto.

"Why after?" asked Amu.

"Because. Your friends are invited, and it'd be nice if you can go too." Replied Ikuto.

"…" Amu started to consider what Ikuto said.

"Listen Amu, no one here wants you to leave. If you really want to, then do so, but don't lie about your reasons." Stated Ikuto "If you feel bad for owing us, know that we wanted to do this, it was our choice."

"But…" Amu was about to protest when Ikuto cut her off again…

"I want you to think about what I said, consider waiting till the ball" stated Ikuto "Just remember, no one wants you to leave…so please think about it. I won't stop you if you really want to, but if you ever change your mind…"

Amu stared at him and she spoke again. "Okay…I…I'll think about it."

Ikuto smiled once more and replied "Thank you…"

Ikuto started to let her go and walk away towards the door. Amu called out to him again, before he left. "Ikuto…"

"Yeah?" he asked, mostly back to normal now.

"Why…what makes you so sure that…that no one wants me to leave." Said Amu.

"Because I sure don't want you to…" stated Ikuto "And that's a lot coming from me." And with that, he walked away completely out of the room.

Amu stared at the door and then she sighed. She was shocked, mostly because Ikuto knew that something else was bothering her, and that there was another reason why she wanted out. She too knew herself that she wanted to go for another reason…