dysfunctionally functional

chapter four >> dysfunctionally functional
||~ ~ ~||~ ~ ~||
DAY THREE

Jimin wakes up very early, the earliest he's ever woken up in his entire life. He opens his sleepy eyes and examines the living room around him, there's popcorn still on the floor, the vase is still smashed in pieces along with the picture frame, and the house is just a complete mess from the fight. He slept on the couch because he couldn't face Taehyung in the boys' room and he felt too guilty. He never feels guilty.

He wakes up and quickly searches quietly throughout the house until he finds an old broom. He grabs it and stumbles over to the pile of crushed popcorn, he sweeps it into the dust pan and slides it into the garbage. Next he walks over to the smashed glass and withered flowers. He begins sweeping all of the glass into a giant pile, he picks out the crumpled sunset picture and shakes it out before laying it on the coffee table. He sweeps up the shards of glass and uses the dust pan to dispose of them in the garbage.

He straightens up the couch and re-fluffs all of the pillows. He smooths out the distorted rug and lays the remote neatly on the coffee table next to the picture. He finally cleans up the rest of the house that has been left untidy for the past few days and then collapses back on the couch. He sighs and stares around at his job well done. It's the first time he's actually done something that had a good outcome.

His delusional uncle once taught him that bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people. He knows he would be disappointed in him for choosing to do a good deed but honestly, he doesn't care what that deadbeat thinks.

Ten minutes pass and one of the bedroom doors finally open, someone stumbles down the hallway and into the kitchen. "Good morning," Jimin croaks generally meaning it. Soojae rolls her eyes and yawns. She doesn't buy his act one bit, she thinks that he's just playing with her, trying to get into her mind. She grabs a banana from the fruit bowl and sits on the counter as she begins to peel it.

Taehyung wakes up groggily on the bottom bunk. He stretches his arms up and accidently hits his wrsit off the metal bed frame creating a tiny noise. He grumbles and shakes out his hand to ease the pain. Not the worst kind of pain he's ever felt. He rummages around the room searching for a clean pair of clothes. He accidently kicks something under Jimin's bed but he's too tired to notice.

Once he's satisfied with what he's picked out he begins walking towards the door, but just as he's about to leave he spots Jungkook sleeping soundly in the bed right above his. The boy has dry tears on his cheeks, fresh from a few hours ago when he awoke suddenly from a dreadful nightmare.

Taehyung sighs and walks out of the room, he steps into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him. He brushes his teeth and turns on the shower. After twenty minutes of the shower running, the water finally shuts off when Taehyung's done. He climbs out and dries his messy, wet hair. 

In the girls' room Raehee wakes up from a surprising peaceful sleep. Her head doesn't feel as bad as yesterday but she knows that there is a pretty nasty bruise on the side. She grabs a bottle of water that she snuck into the room last night and quickly takes her pill. She closes the door and gets ready in a simple outfit before walking out into main room.

"It's all clean," she says quietly as she timidly walks closer to the couch where Jimin is sitting. He smiles slightly once he notices that she's actually talking to him, "yeah, I woke up extra early just to clean up. I'm sorry, to all of you... don't repeat that." She nods and sits down on the love seat.

She shakes her head slowly, "I never thought I'd see the day when Park Jimin actually chooses to clean rather than sleep," she teases and Jimin's smile grows. "Hey," he snaps playfully, not too harsh so she doesn't get frightened. After awhile it goes back to silence.