Chapter 21

Your POV

"Mattie!" I heard someone call from being Matthew I looked behind and so did him. And I saw a girl! A girl... A girl.

Let me repeat A girl! Calling for Matthew not only that, he called him by one of the nicknames I gave him. This wasn't just A girl in fact these where one of the most beautiful girls I've seen. She looked like she was about my age. Her hair was in a pony tail that reached her chests, it was a beautiful shade of light blonde and it curled in the ends.

Her eyes radiated in a light blue hue that seemed to be like the color of the sky. She was wearing a White jacket and black leggings with white ice skates. Her face was symmetrically perfect as of what I can see ,and as she smiled when she saw Mattie a dimple showed up on her cheeks.

She was very beautiful in short, and I feel like I couldn't even compare to her beauty.

"Oh.. um hey..There .." he said as he looked at her and he clearly forgot her name.

"Jessica, I see you forgot my name but that's alright!" She said and smiled again.

"Oh yeah Jessica.. have we met?" Mattie asked, the girl didn't even notice me.

"Yeah! You ice skate here all the time right?, oh and who's that girl behind you?." She asked.

"This is (Y/n) (L/n) she came to visit ,and I'm teaching her how to skate." He said and I gave a wave.

I don't know but I felt kind of jealous and I usually don't feel these things. I mean come on Mattie didn't even remember her name! There's nothing to worry about. But something tells me she likes Matthew and that made me Jealous. I mean it's honestly pretty easy to pick her over me any day, she's way prettier and by the looks of it she's an Ice Skater.

"Oh! Nice to meet you (Y/n)!" She said with a smile and held out her hand, I had trouble shaking it but luckily I kept holding on to Mattie.

"I haven't seen you in a long while Mattie! All the other Hockey players were looking for you there's a game in 3 days and they want you to join!" She said.

"Oh really.. well alright." He said his shyness turning back on.

"Okay see you soon!" She said and skated off.

"I bet ice skaters here have a crush on you." I said and giggled a bit.

"W-what.. nah.. that can't be.." he said.

"Yes it can! I mean come on you look gorgeous! Seriously! And you share the same interests as them, your Kind and caring, and from the looks of it I think you are very good in playing hockey." I said and when he heard all those words come out my mouth he imediently became flustered. He was so out of guard then I suddenly slipped, and unfortunately because of all the flattering words I said he also slipped with me. My butt hit the cold ice, Matthew stood up and helped me up. There was a visible blush on his face, and when I realized all the words I said ,I blushed too.

"I don't think I'm that great though.." he said as he tried to balance me more by holding both my hands, I looked straight at him and gave him a smile.

"You treat yourself so less than others Mattie...." I said and I held his hands tighter. " and you know sometimes I think that you might be treating yourself worse than how others treat you. And all I was saying was true! I mean a girl just talked to you Mattie and she looked pretty interested to me." I said.

"Well... I..." he lost words to say and just looked at me with panic.

"It's alright! I won't treat you like how the others do!" I said and let go of his hands tackling him to a bear hug. It's good that he had his balance and we didn't fall at all or else he would've gotten a serious injury from hitting his head. Also it was very irrational of me to do that so I mentally slapped myself.

"T-thanks.. (Y/n)..." he said, I looked up at him and there was a blush that spread across his cheeks. He just looks twice as more adorable when he's flustered!

We skated for a few more hours and...I still suck at skating! Hopefully I'll get better at it. We were about to go home when Jessica came by again. Then I felt Mattie hold my hands.

I noticed that she clearly saw that, and went away before even saying Hi. When he did that I blushed 'Did he do that so that I wouldn't get jealous? Or maybe he did that so that no one would be interrupting us...' I mentally thought.

"Let's go, Maple.." he said and he stood up, I stood up too. I picked up Kumajiro and we went back to Matthews car.

"Can you wait here for a sec I forgot to buy something.." he said and I just nodded.

When he did leave I kept thinking that he might talk to that Jessica girl again. But he had the right to do it ,I'm not stopping him at all. I couldn't believe I felt so possessive of him, he wasn't even my boyfriend. Though I made it clear for myself that I wanted him for myself only. I was selfish like that... and I didn't know why I felt that way at all. I didn't resist the idea because I didn't want to lie to myself at all.

When Mattie came back his hands where behind him and he appeared to be holding something that he doesn't want me to see. He went in the car as I peered at his hands.

"Hey your hiding something from me..." I said as I kept trying too look behind him for a peek of what he was holding.

"W-well.... H-here.." he said and he handed me a big box of chocolates. Chocolates? He went back in thee to buy chocolates for me.. That made me feel guilty that I thought he'd be talking or worse flirting with Jessica when instead he did something very sweet, literally!

"But why??..." I asked as I held the box of chocolates in my hands. The box had a beautiful design on it and a red Ribbon tied on top.

"Because.. I just wanted to give you a reward for Improving in Skating.." he said looking away from me. "And I heard that girls liked chocolates..." he continued.

"This is so sweet of you Mattie!" I said, and I couldn't help it so I gave him a peck on his cheeks. I looked at him and he had a blush as red as the Canadian Flag, which I just found cute. I want to confess to him right now but no! Not yet! It has to be special.

"Y-you're welcome..." he said very flustered as he started up the car, I kept smiled widely as I watched his gesture change when I gave him a simple kiss on the cheeks a few seconds ago.

I giggled and Kumajiro just looked at me and whispered something to my ear.

"He really loves you mommy... When are you gonna confess??" Kuma whispered softly, I'm pretty sure that the Canadian didn't hear it at all since he was a little too flustered as he started the car.

"I don't know yet.... but I will.." I whispered back and patted the polar bears head.

▪▪▪