Turning Point Part I

I know it's not Sunday, but I this chapter wrote itself and I wanted to post it.

In addition, I totally cried when I was writing this part - this episode was the saddest. Be prepared to cry and rejoice in happiness. Please leave a comment on what you liked, thanks, Woolley119

Previously on Fatefully Yours

"Soon. First I have something to say. I'm sorry. I apologize for all the harm I've caused...for all our lost ones, human and vampire. I will make amends. I swear it. "

"Take it easy. It's just a few signatures. " 

"No. "

"Look in my heart. "
"You have to listen to me. "
"There's nothing to say. "
"There is. "
"On the roof. " 

Now...

"Eric. "
"Not now. I will be back soon. "

Eric leaves following his maker.

The sound of the shutting door leaving the barmaid to her inner thoughts.

I'm going to find Godric. Even if he doesn't like it. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't be standing here. He's in pain. He's suffering. I gotta do something. 

She wasn't going to ponder on her thoughts  for long - her legs already carrying her to the door - to the walk way - up the stairs - and onto the roof.

There the sun was almost up - and she heard the broken voices of both the Viking and the Gaul. 

"Two thousand years is enough. "
"I can't accept this. It's insanity. "
"Our existence is insanity."

Sookie could see for herself that she was intruding on a private matter as she continued to listen on,

"We don't belong here. "
"But we are here. "

Her heart was breaking again. She couldn't lose Godric - no matter how selfish the thought was. 

"It's not right. We're not right."
"You taught me there is no right or wrong...only survival or death."
"I told a lie, as it turns out. "
"I will keep you alive by force. "
"Even if you could, why would you be so cruel?" 

[Godric don't do it. ]
[There are centuries of faith and love between us. ]

The foreign words added a sense of loss to her ears. She could feel the pain Eric was feeling - for it was all too familiar. The death of her Gran and parents was the most awful feeling she had to endure.  The vulnerability Eric was showing was completely new to her - and she vowed that she didn't want to see him like this.
She could see and feel the emotion as Eric cried bloody tears showing his sadness and grief - pleading with his voice; pleading the need to have his maker in his life.

[Please...Please... Please. Godric. ]
[Father. Brother. Son. ] "Let me go. "

"I won't let you die alone. "
"Yes, you will. "

It tore at her heart - she needed to think of something to compel Godric to stay for Eric. For her.

As she felt the wetness of tears dripping down her tanned cheeks.

"As your maker. I command you. "

Eric rises pleading with his eyes and showing the pure sorrow within - letting him know he would not be easily forgiven.

He stands beside her. She gripped his hand in a comforting way - squeezing it in comfort and expressing gently, "I'll stay with him. As long as it takes."

She looks to Godric, while Eric descends the stairs and into the reprieve of darkness. 

"It won't take long. Not at my age."

"You know what I'm not going to let you die. I just can't. "
"Human tears at the end. Now I have seen everything. "
"Godric, no you can't die not yet. Not ever. "
"You would rob me of death, too?"
"What if I offer you something?"

"What can you interest me in that I've already experienced?"

"Turn me! Be my maker!"

The silence was deafening and leaving the ancient vampire to widen his tired looking eyes in surprise and hope. He could feel the hotness of the sun - burning his skin. She wanted him to live that bad that she offered herself to him. She was an amazing creature- sacrificing her life for him.

"We will talk more - but right now we can go back inside. " she heard his answer and couldn't believe it - what had she done?