Chapitre Treize

Unedited, excuse my mistakes

------------------------

I woke up extra early today so that I'll be able to catch a ride with my dad. I was planning on avoiding Peter at all costs and that consists of not riding to school with him.

I took an apple from the pantry and ate it like my life depended on it. I like apples, okay? "So that, can I catch a ride with you going to school?"

"Sure, darling. But why isn't Peter taking you? Is there something wrong going on between you guys?" He eyed me warily. He was just a very protective dad.

"No, of course not. I just have some homework to finish in the library so I gotta go there early." I smiled through my lie. Well, it wasn't technically a lie because I really was going to do some homework but not there.

"Okay. Let's go." I followed him to the door. "Bye, love." He kissed my mom on the cheek.

"Bye, mom." I chirped and kissed her cheek.

Dad pulled over at the front of the school and I was feeling uneasy all of a sudden.

What if Peter gets mad at me for not telling him that I was going to ride with my dad? I thought about for a while but then remembered that I should be the one getting mad at him and holding a grudge. I ALMOST GOT RAPED BECAUSE OF HIM.

I went out the car and ascended my way to the school doors.

People talking within each other were everywhere. Their voices were pretty audible from anyone from a mile distance so I could clearly hear what the new rumor is about.

Rumor has it that Amanda and Peter just broke up yesterday and last time Peter was seen, he was going out the school premises holding a girl named Kaela McAdams. She's one of the nerds but she's actually quite nice and pretty from my 2 encounters with her.

So that's why he wasn't able to bring me home. He was with Kaela doing the thing. That thought just made me shudder in disgust.

I grew angrier by the minute. How could he possibly forget about me, just to shag a girl? Now this is just freaking unacceptable.

The door slamming made everyone quiet down and look at the direction of it. Peter stood there, face filled with annoyance, anger, and worry. And I think I know exactly why...

I continued to walk away and was lucky enough to not get noticed by him.

During my classes with him, he would send me constant glares whenever he had the chance to. I also got to thank Isaac again for saving my life last night and we chatted for a bit.

It was last period and I texted my dad if he could pick me up. Sadly, he's caught up in a meeting so he wouldn't make it.

So now I was left with walking, riding with Peter or ask someone else. Riding with Peter was seriously out of the answers. Walking sounded deadly and I couldn't risk that happening again. But someone else? Who would I ask?

Right on time, Isaac came into view. I jogged after him. "Isaac." I managed to say, out of breath.

He smiled clearly amused by my state. "Yeah?"

"C-could you maybe... bring me home? I don't have a ride and uh... it's okay if not." I prepared myself to walk away.

"Hey. It's okay. I'll gladly bring you home." He smiled.

Once Isaac and I were at the parking lot, I saw Peter leaning on his car probably waiting for me. When he saw I wasn't alone and going at the opposite direction from where he is, his face turned hard and he glared at the back of Isaac's head.

I sighed in relief once I was inside Isaac's car.

"Hey, is everything alright? I saw Peter Wilson glaring at me? Do you know what's that about?"

"No."

"Are you friends?"

"No."

I guess he took the sign that I wasn't in the mood to talk so he just turned he radio on and proceeded to drive.

^^^^^^^^

Do you think Isaac will notice? Comment xx

Vote with loooooove xx